Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
WidenersLoad DataReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Mulberry fans?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Iron369 View Post
    So it’s blackberry season?
    Depends on your location. This is the earliest I have ever got them. Almost 2 weeks early.

Boolit Master

I love eating them... they are so sweet! When I was a kid, we had a pasture with the largest mulberry tree I have ever seen. One year my buddy and I were cruising the pasture with our go-carts, made to many passes under the darn thing and we both were purple for a few days!

Boolit Buddy
    My granddad had a mulberry tree on his property, we would pick the ripe fruit and dunk them in a pail of water, holding them under would force all these little black bugs out, never paid much attention as to what they were, we did it until no more came out then we would eat the fruit, years later a friend told me about eating fruit right off the tree, asked him about the bugs and the look he gave me was priceless, he'd never thought there might be bugs.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Boolit Grand Master

Had them and ate a bunch when I was a kid along with gooseberries, rasberrys and chokecherry. But I got sick eating too many one time and now I see one and my throat just slams shut.

Boolit Master
    They are like weeds here, cut them off at the ground and tordon the stump to kill it or it will grow right back. I did eat a few as a kid. Wild plum, rasberry and elderberry around here.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Boolit Master

Oh gooseberries, gods gift to man! Now I really want a gooseberry crisp!

Moderator Emeritus

I have purple fingers today... picked mulberries yesterday. And picked gooseberries for my neighbor. Walked by her bush and it was loaded with ripe ones and she is out of town so I picked them for her and put them in the freezer. Gooseberries are tiny this year but wow are they packed with flavor compared to most years when they are really bland.

I will get some gooseberries too as they ripen, I use a cup of them to naturally thicken jelly.

Banned

We have a couple of good trees on our place and several close to our other house. I always liked them as a kid, and in hot, wet, S.C. where the growing season was nearly year round, the trees would be heavy with them.

This year seems to be a bust here, later than usual and none of the trees produced much. Not sure what happenned.

We've made pies with the before, good stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12