MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything

Thread: Unmarked RCBS Uniflow Powder Measure

Boolit Master

Unmarked RCBS Uniflow Powder Measure

Although not vintage, I picked this up a few months ago to go along with an older Uniflow I have. Today I realized this one has no markings to identify it as a Uniflow or an RCBS product. All components are mix compatible with my other Uniflow.

Not an issue, but a curiosity.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1547.jpg  
    Last edited by oley55; 07-05-2020 at 02:44 PM. Reason: edited for typos n clarification
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

missed pic of one side
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1543.jpg  
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Banned
    Now, that is odd. It was a common occurrence back 60/70 years ago but not today.

Boolit Master

with the knurled handle and paint color it's certainly unlikely to be very old.

I have done a number of searches on various forums and have found no mention of unmarked Uniflows. It's so smooth where the logo should be I can't imagine it being a case of the raised letters getting smudged or knocked off the sand mold prior to casting.

I've seen the older ones with the ugly color and an RCBS decal on the front. Is it possible an old casting got pulled out of a bin to meet a production run? Or could it have been a run for someone else, but got an RCBS paint job?

All speculation aside, an oddity to be sure.

Boolit Master
    I have the same Uniflow. Purchased in 1977. The only marking is like yours, on the cap.

Banned

I have one I bought new on 6/25/95 that has no markings on it.

Boolit Master

pretty common after all it seems...just spotted one on fleabay as well.

Boolit Grand Master

I bought a very similar one branded by Cabellas in Dundee Michigan. ao years ago or so. Same color no markings

Boolit Buddy
    I bought 2 in 1978 exactly like that one. No markings, knurled handles, plastic screw in drop tubes, and RCBS marked caps.

Boolit Mold
    I have the same unit with no markings. The powder holder was taped in for years so RCBS sent a new one. It doesn't fit. Not sure if this older unit was just different or it isn't RCBS. All steel parts and the only thing marked RCBS is the stand. No markings on the uniflow at all.