Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glock is coming out with the Gen 5 .40 S&W versions this Fall.

Boolit Master

Yes, I agree they are butt ugly, however I did carry a Glock 17 for 20 years. They are not the most accurate or the best finished but they do go bang every time,at least that was my experience. The department I belonged to qualified more often than most and most of us carried Glocks. I don't remember when we had any trouble with them. I'll say it again, they are butt ugly!

Ken

Glock is the Bic lighter of handguns....

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    I distinctly remember "back in the day" when "the Glock" first was introduced. It was highly touted by all the "experts" as a "perfect" end all design/concept with little or no room for improvement....... now the Glock is at "Gen V" ........
    yea they are garbage in my opinion. they are the cure for everything if you believe all the hype. all they do is change the grip every other year and call it new.SMH

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by barnabus View Post
    yea they are garbage in my opinion. they are the cure for everything if you believe all the hype. all they do is change the grip every other year and call it new.SMH
    Just a passing fad they will never catch on , kinda like those black rifles the military uses

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by onelight View Post
    Just a passing fad they will never catch on , kinda like those black rifles the military uses
    Shhh! You wanna get Jello thrown at you?? Or get a cane to the shins? Just let the ignorant remain ignorant.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Grand Master

.....and besides all that, my Chevy PU is better than your Ford PU..........
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gnostic View Post
    Glock is the Bic lighter of handguns....
    I heard Glocks were just a Hi Point with lipstick & a skirt.......
    An old Cherokee was teaching his grandson about life. "Inside me two wolves fight," he told the boy.
    "One is evil - he is anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity, resentment, lies, false pride, and ego. The other is good - he is joy, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, generosity, truth and faith. The same fight is inside you - and every other person, too."
    The grandson thought for a minute and asked,"Which wolf will win?"
    The old Cherokee replied, "The one you feed."

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyEllis View Post
    I heard Glocks were just a Hi Point with lipstick & a skirt.......
    Now that is funny
    Who would want one of those cheap plastic things....get a Springfield XDM they have the little dodad on the back like a 1911

Boolit Mold
    never a glock man..but they do have a niche.imo.

I picked up a sw40ve in excellent condition ( knew the owner) for pennies on the $$$.

Theres a lot of hate for it from the clock community ,ans SW was sued ans settled.

But that being said..I love it.. no safties..slap in a mag , charge and shoot. light ,comfortable in the hand ..
    and a .40, never a personal fan of 9mm.

so a gen5..what will they be asking ? $800-$1000 ?? my copy-cat ( lol) SW you can get for around $300

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I think the S&W SD series is the best bargain in pistols today, we sell bunches of them at my side job shop. I'm thinking about getting one in .40.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    This .40 talk got me wanting to shoot my 40s took the 3.8 xdm Thursday and shot some 180 FP hi-tek on 4.5 red dot they shoot 951 FPS in the 3.8 with an extreme spread of 29 FPS SD of 8.8 in mixed range brass WW primers.
    I do like me some red dot. This load is .5 grains below max from the 2002 Alliant data.
    Oh these shoot good in my buddies Glock 40 to

Boolit Bub
    Maybe not the actual agencies but but the officers who work for them my dept shoots gen 4 model 22 me being a lefty I’m all over gen 5 everything
    Not a Marxist or supporter of any Marxist organization not matter what their name is

NRA Life Member

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    OH my oh my, I can hardly wait! I'm so anxious for it I'm afraid I may wet my pants. Oh wait, it's just another glock. YAWN!!
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Master
    I am all for REAL improvements / upgrades on any gun , good business and makes some customers that already have the product buy again for changes they benefit from , everybody wins .

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by roysha View Post
    OH my oh my, I can hardly wait! I'm so anxious for it I'm afraid I may wet my pants. Oh wait, it's just another glock. YAWN!!
    Why did you feel the need to post? Do you think anyone cares that you don't like Glocks?

I'm trying to understand the psychology of people that feel the need to go into threads about pistols they don't like and post worthless comments.

I don't like revolvers all that much and find the endless threads here about them boring, but I don't go into every thread about some obscure revolver in an obscure cartridge and start posting inane and childish comments.

Yet every Glock thread gets multiple worthless and disparaging comments that add nothing to the conversation. Why?

Why do people that don't like Glocks think they need to go into every thread about them and start throwing poo everywhere?
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    Well, since you are so deeply offended by my post, I apologize. I was just trying to inject a bit of humor and obviously failed.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123