Inline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataReloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock is coming out with the Gen 5 .40 S&W versions this Fall.

Boolit Master

Glock is coming out with the Gen 5 .40 S&W versions this Fall.

Was really looking forward to getting a Gen 5 G23 for the past 3 years since I really like my Gen 5 G19 MOS. Glock finally announced that they are ending the production of Gen 4 models and moving forward with producing Gen 5 models in .40 S&W in October. However, they are giving first priority to law enforcement agencies, so it may be some time before they are available to civilians.

No word on the .45 ACP or 10mm models.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ock-gen4-guns/
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Grand Master

I don’t see many LE agencies buying new Glock 22 gen 5 models
    Based on current trends.

I wouldn’t mind a new G20

Boolit Grand Master

I distinctly remember "back in the day" when "the Glock" first was introduced. It was highly touted by all the "experts" as a "perfect" end all design/concept with little or no room for improvement....... now the Glock is at "Gen V" ........
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Banned
    Funny how marketing and engineering cause changes in "perfect" products

Yes, but, there are still new designs / modifications coming out on the 1911. Just sayin....
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Banned
    BNE, you're absolutely right. I think the point is people produce items and say, "This is perfect, there couldn't possibly be room for improvement" and we all know there is usually room for improvement.
    It's not criticism at all, it's just a funny fact of life.
    Last edited by Petrol & Powder; 07-04-2020 at 10:15 AM.

Boolit Grand Master
    It's a Glock: there's room for improvement.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    Besides being butt ugly they do make good "throw aways"......
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Butt ugly could apply to about 85% of the newer handguns on the market, unless one was born with an affinity for black plastic.

Wasn't there once a famous poet who said, "A Glock is a Glock is a Glock." Oh, no...I think that was a rose. Anyway, although Glocks may have passed through mainly ergonomic changes the design and function remains basically the same. They are tough, durable, reliable, and fairly accurate. They'll continue to be around for a while. I own 3........ and never shoot them.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    Besides being butt ugly they do make good "throw aways"......
    I used to be a snob about them too. Only carried Kimbers for a long time but I never carry a 1911 now. The Glock is a fighting pistol. I can shoot the 1911 better, but accuracy is not the only requirement for a carry gun.

I will wait for the LEO Gen 4's to hit the market and add one or two more.
    Don Verna

Banned
    It seems as if you put the word "Glock" in a thread title, the thread takes on a life of its own.

I never hated Glocks but I'll readily admit it took a while for me to warm up to them. It was mostly the trigger that wasn't quite a single action and wasn't quite a double action. I never thought it was horrible, it was just a little foreign to me.

NOW, the more I shot Glocks the more I appreciated them. They are incredibly reliable and incredibly durable. Their strength is their reliability. In fact, I began to see the beauty in the engineering that went into the Glock (the actual aesthetics are still a bit lacking, sorry).

The ONLY polymer framed, striker fired pistols I own are Glocks. The Glocks are always the simplest version of that platform and while others have certainly copied the Glock, IMO, no one has improved it.

It is almost impossible to make a Glock stop functioning. its simplicity is its greatest strength.

When they do fail they do a good job of it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    When they do fail they do a good job of it.
    That could be applied to any gun and there are a lot of guns that fail with greater frequency.

Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    Sure there is.
    Tupperware and Rubbermaid is improving on their plastics all the time.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Glocks are fine guns for those that like them. I owned a Glock 17 I got on a great deal about 15 years back. I have zero idea as to what Generation it was. I shot a few rounds through it for a function check more than anything. It was then regulated to it's intended purpose, a truck gun. Later, I found the Springfield XD-45 Tactical much more to my liking and it took the Glocks place. Adios Mr. 17.

What has amazed me about Glock the company. It seems many people would be highly interested in a single stack, full sized .45 Auto that utilizes an 8 round magazine and perhaps a thumb or grip safety. But that's just my thoughts when it comes to a Glock.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Mr Murphy, that is the Glock I want- the one they dont make.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    It seems many people would be highly interested in a single stack, full sized .45 Auto that utilizes an 8 round magazine and perhaps a thumb or grip safety. But that's just my thoughts when it comes to a Glock.

Murphy
    That's exactly the one I'd want. I have a Mod. 21, but it's a double stack and has a fat grip. That's o.k., I guess--I can shoot it, but a single stack would be better. Let's see here....a single stack .45 with a good grip.....kind of sounds like a 1911. But, if Glock made a single stack .45 with a thumb grip I'd be in line to buy one.

DG

Boolit Master

Shooting my 1911 is like driving a muscle car; it's fun and nostalgic. But my Gen 5 G19 does everything better. Nearly half the weight with nearly twice the capacity and much less acreage.

Compared to my P365, the 1911 is simply an outdated and inefficient novelty.

Attachment 264414

But if someone wants to handicap themselves when choosing a tool to defend their life with, that's their decision.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Shooting my 1911 is like driving a muscle car; it's fun and nostalgic. But my Gen 5 G19 does everything better. Nearly half the weight with nearly twice the capacity and much less acreage.

Compared to my P365, the 1911 is simply an outdated and inefficient novelty.

Attachment 264414

But if someone wants to handicap themselves when choosing a tool to defend their life with, that's their decision.
    Yes, I will handicap myself in your opinion. I have 9mm handguns, but power wise they are wimpy compared to the .45 auto. Need proof? Shoot a 5 gallon bucket of water from above with your favorite defense 9mm load. Do the same with the .45. Do the 9mm first because the .45 will break the bucket!
    Sorry for the drift.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    If you are comfortable with a 1911 or HiPower, then you are not handicapped at all because it is an old design.
    The thing with Glocks, is that they are at one of the lowest price points in the whole display case.
    They are good guns, reliable, accurate enough, but people buy at that price point, then say this is the greatest gun!!
    NO, they may the greatest 'at that price point', but the are simply not 'the greatest' in the display case at the store !!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast