RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The boss lady got a speeding ticket!

Boolit Master

38 years+, I've never had to sleep on the couch.
    I grew up with a Mother, older sister, 2 Aunts and 2 Grandmothers. I Know when to keep my mouth shut. Wait until the next day.

Old Spanish saying;

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master
    Cheese guys, lighten up! The thread was meant as a joke! Ya know ha ha! I think some are taking it a little too seriously. And no I didn’t really have to sleep on the couch!
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JSnover View Post
    That's funny!
    Reminds me of the time a co-worker had his pay docked for coming in late. True story: He was outraged. "You can't dock me for being late today, I come in late all the time!!"
    I was fifteen minutes late today so I'm gonna leave 15 minutes early to make up for it.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Banned

speed trap. I always chuckled at that one. I suppose a convenience store is a theft trap too. I speed. I do it and know that if I get caught I deserve what I get.

Boolit Master
    ive had a couple of speeding tickets after years of clean driving so i cant complain .done plenty of stupid things and got away with it.

Some years back on a tv show, Dumbest Criminals or one similar, I watched the following caught on a dash cam; pretty young thing gets pulled over, going too fast. Officer asked if she knows why, she plays flirty dumb, "Why no, officer, I have no idea". Officer recites the current speed limit and what her actual speed was while writing on his little book. "Sign here, please, ma'am," he says when finished. "What's this?" says pretty young thing. "It's a speeding ticket, ma'am, sign here please." " I thought officers didn't give tickets to pretty girls", she says. "We don't, sign here please ma'am".

Banned
    Motorist: "Everyone was speeding ! Why am I the one getting the ticket?"

Officer: "Ever go fishing?"

Motorist: "Well, Yeah......?"

Officer: "Ever catch all the fish?"

Boolit Grand Master

I always thought our speed limits were the biggest joke of all. We have created a system that encourages a gray area, where everyone drives 5-10 MPH over the LIMIT. Anyone driving at the LIMIT is a slow hillbilly that needs to get out of the way.

I always said speed limits should about universally be 10 MPH faster than they are, but no gray area, tickets for those even just over that limit. Essentially this would mean everyone would drive the same speeds they already do. There are also thousands of miles of country highway and interstate that I don't see any reason for having a limit at all. Crossing most of the western USA at 90-100 mph is no danger at all if you ask me. I wish there were still "safe and prudent" roads.

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    . I wish there were still "safe and prudent" roads.
    I'd heard the speed limits were established for various reasons, but one of them was what was safe for the 'average' car.
    It would be 'so big', 'so heavy', with 'such and such' level of maintenance and wear on the tires & suspension.

Like most 'one size fits all' concepts and solutions- it doesn't work or fit well for hardly anybody.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Banned
    I feel speed limits are set ridiculously low but we seem to be stuck with them.

They seem to be set to the lowest common denominator of incompetent drivers.

Boolit Master

Yesterday, coming home from my sons lake cottage I was going through a small town where the speed limit was 35 mph and I was going 35 mph.
    At an intersection down town a democrat mascot pulled out in front of me without even stopping at the stop sign. I came within inches of hitting him, he waved goodbye to me in French and proceed out of town at 15 mph. where the highway intersected with another highway.
    With double yellow lines on hills I followed him for 2 miles at 20 mph. When the opportunity to pass came, I took it. The race was on.
    When I got around him I slowed down to 55 mph.
    He instantly went around me on double yellow lines and on a hill. At the top of the hill he swerved right and almost wrecked in the ditch. The car he almost hit was a highway patrol car. With smoking tires he gave chase.
    There is justice in the world sometimes.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12