Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWideners
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The boss lady got a speeding ticket!

Boolit Master

The boss lady got a speeding ticket!

Well the wife came home from work today furious! When I asked her what was the matter she said I got a speeding ticket! Now I am mediately think to myself, finally some retribution after all those lectures I’ve gotten over the years! Now I may be crazy but I’m not stupid so as I’m trying extremely hard to keep a straight face I just kind of put my head down and say well what happened? Her reply was all these people were blowing past me and I’m the one that got stopped and got the ticket! When the cop came up to the window I asked him why he was stopping me? He said I stopped You for speeding ma’am you were doing 83 miles an hour in a 65 mile an hour zone. She said I told him all those people we’re going to faster than me! And I wasn’t going 83! I’m sure the speedometer said 72! ( don’t forget this was a 65 mph zone) So while still trying extremely hard to keep a straight face, I say well what did the cop do when you told him all that? She replies he didn’t do anything, he just smiled and kept writing a ticket! Well that was it. A man can’t take only so much! I proceeded to laugh so hard I almost wet my pants! You know this couch really Isn’t all that uncomfortable! At least you gave me a pillow and a blanket!
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Too funny.

Reminds me of a story about a lady that got off work, and was heading home on the free-way when her husband called.

He told her to be careful,,,,, there was a somebody going the wrong on the same free-way she used to come home.

She told him, "No,,,,, there's a whole bunch of them"!!
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Yeh but my story’s true! It happened today. Ha ha ha

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy42 View Post
    I’m sure the speedometer said 72! ( don’t forget this was a 65 mph zone) So while still trying extremely hard to keep a straight face, I say well what did the cop do when you told him all that? She replies he didn’t do anything, he just smiled and kept writing a ticket!
    That's funny!
    Reminds me of the time a co-worker had his pay docked for coming in late. True story: He was outraged. "You can't dock me for being late today, I come in late all the time!!"
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

My wife has a lead foot but miraculously never gets a ticket. I've always said that if we get pulled over while she's driving I'm going to insist that they haul her in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    My mom had a Caddy Seville back in the mid 80s. Car had all the electronic do dads of the day including an electronic display for the speedometer.
    Sitting at dinner with the family when she told my dad that something was wrong with the car.
    The display was always flashing. Dad asked what display, her reply was it would flash 85 all the time.
    My dad glances at me an responds to her “That’s because your driving over 85 mph!”.
    As fast as the display was allowed to show from the factory.

In the 90's I was a prosecutor in a Southern Illinois county. Mrs. Thumbcocker also worked in the county seat. She routinely did 50+ in a 35 mph. Speed zone. I warned her repeatedly about it and told her I would take no action of any type if she got ticketed. She would have to talk to the traffic assistant just like anyone else.

She was driving one day as we were headed back from lunch. We got pulled over by a patrol sergeant I worked with regularly. By the time he got to the car I had the registration and proof of insurance ready. He said "I didn't see that it was you" I replied "I am not here. You do what you have to do." I repeated that several times. He let Mrs. Thumbcocker off with a talking to (she had no tickets on her driving history). It was a quiet drive back to work.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    When my wife and I were in college, I was driving down the main street through campus. There was a slight hill and on the other side, the city had a radar set up on a tripod and a bunch of officers pulling cars over - of course 99% were students. I got motioned over and got a ticket for 5 miles over. I was guilty but c'mon - what ever happened to a warning? It was nothing but a money maker for the city. We lived in married housing and I was not happy when I got home - my bride asked me what the problem was and I told her about the ticket. I got the "well . . you shouldn't have been speeding" talk and I explained that it was nothing more than a speed trap. Nope . . . "you shouldn't have been speeding". Two days later, SHE WAS DRIVING and I was with her and we were going down the same stretch. I mentioned that she needed to slow down and I got the "back seat driver" and "I'm not speeding" remarks. I shut up. Just as soon as she broke over the hill, an officer was standing in the road motioning her to pull over. I didn't feel so bad as she got a ticket for 7 miles over. As they say, "silence is golden" and I was smart enough to not say a word.

Boolit Master

First Offense may be the couch. I bet a second offense will be a serious punishment!

Yup, good ol speed traps. Long time ago FIL got stopped - slowest in the pack! Got stopped on a trip to Co. Long line of semis in right lane (287) chugging up the hill. Once in the left lane, no place to get back in line. Yea, did have to dodge a big chunk of semi tire somebody left for me. Thought I was going to get taken in. She, son's MIL and her SIL were making fun of the judges name and the trooper did all he could to keep from laughing. Judge was Sturkey and - turkey, beef jerky, etc. He must have felt sorry for me, taking 3 older women to go skiing. Course on the way back, follow a pickup hauling through the mountains, until bingo, around the blind corner - pickup nowhere in sight. TROOPER HAD THE GAUL TO ASK IF I SAW THE 40MPH SIGN - NOPE! 65 IN A 30MPH ZONE.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    Now that's funny and i can relate, but i didn't laugh in front of my wife when she told me

Boolit Grand Master

Just after we were married my wife got speeding ticket for 70 in a 55 on a country road. She came in and handed it to me I read it over and made the comment Wow documented proof the old car will still do 70. She had no sense of humor and I did get slapped. She asked why I couldnt take it serious, I told her I was and we would pay it and be done. She said I think we should fight it I asked were you speeding? She replied yes. I asked whats to fight you got caught one out of many times your ahead. Tat got me a night on the couch.

Moderator Emeritus

You made my better-half and myself smile......there is soooo little smiling today.....are ya still on the couch?
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Naa got a reprieve. Never would’ve lasted 38 years have either one of us stayed mad for long. It sure was worth it though! Ha ha ha ha

Boolit Buddy
    Driving my wife's new truck on the county road. 2 cars ahead someone was goin 25 in a 50 zone. Double yellow lines for a long way so when it was clear I passed them. There was a string of at least 20 cars backed up behind us, the 5th back was a young Sheriff who proceeded to chase me down. The young man was sharp as a tack, creases on his shirt would cut leather, hat at a jaunty angle, leather polished to a mirror shine. As he approached the window it thundered and started to sprinkle. Guess he was afraid of getting his uniform wrecked, gave me a stern warning and sprinted back to his car !!

Wife didn't forget, she is till reminding me of it.

Don

P.S. Good thing I'm cute.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    Too funny.

Reminds me of a story about a lady that got off work, and was heading home on the free-way when her husband called.

He told her to be careful,,,,, there was a somebody going the wrong on the same free-way she used to come home.

She told him, "No,,,,, there's a whole bunch of them"!!

John Candy and Steve Martin
    Planes, Trains and Automobiles

If you have not seen this one, it is worth a watch. Very underated
    Last edited by jonp; 07-04-2020 at 05:47 PM.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

There is a town near here that is infamous for being a speed trap.

Years ago, I was the pilot vehicle in a military convoy transporting extremely wide equipment. As we came into town, we all got bunched up at the two stoplights in town. Up ahead, leaving town, was a series of blind corners. I had to get far enough ahead of the convoy to warn drivers to move over, or else there would be a disaster for someone coming around a blind turn to find a metal folding bridge on a flatbed about 4' into their lane.

Satellite view of the curves:

Attachment 264416

So I sped up to get ahead of the convoy and was doing 35 mph in a 25 mph zone.

A town cop, in his usual speed trap spot, tried to pull me over. I ignored him and kept the convoy moving through the blind curves. I pulled over a mile or so down the road where it was straight and safe to do so. The whole convoy had to pull over and witnessed a cop jump out of his vehicle and lose his mind screaming at me.

I calmly explained my actions and pointed out how his actions would have created a traffic hazard if I had pulled over and stopped a wide load military convoy on a blind corner. He threatened to call my CO and then arrest me. The man was an idiot. About ten of my fellow soldiers came up and surrounded us and the cop wisely decided to back off and leave.

He was the same guy who famously pulled over an ambulance driving through that town with lights and siren on. He actually stopped an ambulance running code and ticketed the EMT.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

my wife has a very heavy right foot, I tell her shes going to get a ticket and she just laughs and says none of the cops will dare give her a ticket, shes the local er nurse so she knows them all.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    A family I knew if just barely, had a house at the foot of our neighborhood hill where I grew up. One day as I headed out, saw that their mother & daughter had somehow managed to collide just yards from the road, head on. I never did hear more on that, but that had to end poorly.

Boolit Master
    Maybe I should explain. No speed trap! No side, or residential street! This occurred on I 64! In all fairness, I’ve traveled the same route, been doing 70 mph and had the idiots blow past me like I was going backwards! The funny part was my wife’s response to the cop and his smiling and continuing to write the ticket. And the fact that my wife finally got the ticket instead of me! And I finally got to administer the lecture( although I new better than to do so). My wife hasn’t had so much as a parking ticket since sometime in the 1980!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast