Snyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Out Of Work Again

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Good luck sir.

for others, I know a guy working for Fed-Ex. They are desperate for drivers. No CDL just a Chauffer's license. Pay is $125/day for the first two weeks of training and then $145/day. I have thought about splitting a route with someone and working 3 days a week.
    Hi...
    I understand how you feel...I am retired and thought about applying for a job doing deliveries for about half a second but then good sense got the better of me and I got busy in the reloading room.
    The very idea of returning to the work force was so traumatic I had to go buy a new revolver to ease my mind and reduce my stress level.
    I don't ever want to experience such a mind numbing panic attack again...but I do enjoy the treatment. I will probably be taking additional treatments in the future for preventative measures...just in case I ever have an idle thought about returning to work again.

Boolit Master

Good luck sir.

for others, I know a guy working for Fed-Ex. They are desperate for drivers. No CDL just a Chauffer's license. Pay is $125/day for the first two weeks of training and then $145/day. I have thought about splitting a route with someone and working 3 days a week.
    Yeah, if that's an 8-hour day, which I doubt it is, then that's only $15 to $18 an hour, which isn't too bad. Much less than what I get now, though. McDonald's starts you off at $11.25 an hour around here.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Banned

I just talked to the fed x driver last week. He showed up at my house at 8pm. I said to him you must be making a heck of a lot of money with ot. He said he gets paid a flat rate. doesn't matter if his deliverys for the day take 4 hours or 18! No ot. NO BENIFITS. He said most of there drivers don't even work for fed x there sub contracted. He said many days hed make more at mc donalds per hour. Now ups is a much better operation. At least those guys get over time pay and retirement and medical.
    Good luck sir.

Last edited by Lloyd Smale; 07-10-2020 at 07:16 AM.

Banned

factor in a fed x driver making 140 bucks a day working a 12 hour day and having to use some of that money to pay for insurance and medical costs for his family and gaining not a penny toward retirement and you can see why people sit on welfare. All the while fed x is making billions because everyone buys on line because there afraid of going to the store! Must be nice when your business doubles buy your employee costs stay the same per day.

Boolit Master
    The Triangle is getting to be like Florida. Lots of folks competing for jobs so the pay is low and the only way around it is to work more hours or live poor with little for the future. But, if you want to work, there's always a job. I hope you find something good, or start your own.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12