RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: MP .227 -65 GN load data? Im having issues.

MP .227 -65 GN load data? Im having issues.

Like the title says, I got this magnificent MP mold, made 2400 of the no lube groove no gas check model with clip on wheel weights, and hoped I'd find a happy AR load. Well, I simply didnt. For fun, I loaded some J word 55gr, and got sub MOA groups, so I know how to make a decent load, but after loading PC'd cast for 10 or so different rifle calibers at full power jacketed data, I'm quite perplexed. My groups were hilariously bad, I have yet to get worse than 3.5moa in other full power calibers, but at 50 yards, this group(??? hahaha) was unmeasurable it was so large. I was driving these pills at 2550-2700fps, and my first reaction is to say im driving waaaaay too fast. My first inclination is to reduce my load to 1800-2000fps, which I assume may have positive results. Anyone have any luck with this projectile? I'd sure love to hear good news, but if not, I'll just heavily reduce.

Boolit Master
    What is the twist?
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Boolit Master
    When you shoot cast that fast you are in the realm of very advanced casting and loading , and every detail of the barrel , bullet fit , bullet selection , bullet alloy , coating , powder selection , loading technique and any other variable you can think of all have to work together , or at best bad groups at worst a damaged gun and or person .
    I don't shoot cast that fast but hopefully the guys that do can help you figure out what to do with your 2400 bullets.

Boolit Master
    If you have a 1/7 twist, likely that is too fast. Mine are kept around 1900 using W748.

Boolit Buddy

My GC version flies well with 18.5 TAC or H4895 topped with a Dacron tuft. 7 twist barrel. PC seems to work a bit better than HiTek but not much.
    Stronger, Prouder and Greater!