Snyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger PC 9mm Carbine

Boolit Buddy

Ruger PC 9mm Carbine

Has anyone worked up loads for the Ruger PC 9mm? One in 10 twist with a 16” barrel.

If you could share your thoughts or experiences with 9mm carbines I’d appreciate it.

Thanks, Bill Cook.

Bill:
    No load work up with mine; I have been to busy shooting it! I brought it home and killed three turtles in my pond straight out of the box. It has eaten everything I fed it, and only a M92 in 357 is more fun. I have multiple 9mm pistols, and some of them won’t tolerate ammo the others will. The PC Carbine is getting all the old ammo while I work to develop one load that will work in all.
    Tony

Boolit Master

3.6 gr 700X with 120gr Lee TC bullet worked fine in my grandsons gun with a quick 5 round rapid fire test.
    Bullet cast from lino with 50/50 lube.
    I have just cast some from #2.
    I will post when we get more results.

Boolit Master
    I haven’t loaded for mine. Mostly just shoot ball out of it. But I’d like to hear what works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Master
    I do not yet have one of those P.C. Carbines, but my local FFL has a bunch of them on order, and my name is on the list.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
    Bill:
    No load work up with mine; I have been to busy shooting it! I brought it home and killed three turtles in my pond straight out of the box. It has eaten everything I fed it, and only a M92 in 357 is more fun. I have multiple 9mm pistols, and some of them won’t tolerate ammo the others will. The PC Carbine is getting all the old ammo while I work to develop one load that will work in all.
    Tony
    In respect to ammo that didn't do well in my pistol, my FM9 carbine eats everything too.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wm Cook View Post
    Has anyone worked up loads for the Ruger PC 9mm? One in 10 twist with a 16” barrel.

If you could share your thoughts or experiences with 9mm carbines I’d appreciate it.

Thanks, Bill Cook.
    Try a slower powder like AA7 if you want to get the most velocity out of that barrel.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Bub
    My daughter shoots Steel Comp with her FM9. It also eats anything.
    Currently munching on 115 grain RN. 3.9 grains TightGroup.

Boolit Bub
    I use 4.2 gr HP38 in front of a Lee 120TC powder coated. Kind of a light load but it functions good.

Boolit Master
    I have Ruger PC Carbine, great little rifle!
    I got it because i wanted a nice little PCC and also to have a little fun in USPSA PCC division, mostly just because it was a cool gun. The big selling point was the ability to use Glock mags, very good move by Ruger. The takedown is pretty cool too, makes it easy to pack.

I use my standard USPSA 9mm minor power factor load in it and it shoots great! Accurate enough and super soft.
    Its a 135gr. TC coated Blue Bullet, 4.6gr of Vectan Ba9 or the 124gr/125gr version with 4.8gr. Thats what it takes to make minor from a 5" pistol at about 1300fps. Very nice pistol load but also a treat in the Ruger PC. The Vectan Ba9 is very close to Vhitavouri N320 as its almost a clone but a little faster whereas Ba9.5 is almost a dead match. Great powder if you can get it, very affordable and clean burning. Its sold by the LB but they are 1.10lb cans so on top of the affordable price, you get .10lb for "free".

My PC has some nice speed parts from Taccom and MCarbo. Magwell funnel, compensator, oversized mag button, Holosun 510C cheek pad, solid recoil pad, oversized charge handle, (not shown) MCarbo trigger, bolt pins and recoil spring & buffer. Taccom rear sight pic rail & dot relocated to rear sight location, fire control springs) I also did some fire control work, smoothing/polishing and recut the sear, the trigger is much better!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191007_202406-1612x784_SMALLER.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	264334
    Last edited by Mytmousemalibu; 07-02-2020 at 01:47 PM.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Master

I've had my Ruger for a couple of years now. It eats everything!

Right now I'm mostly feeding it the MP 358-125 RNFP over 4 gr WST. https://www.mp-molds.com/product/357...e-groove-mold/

This load shoots into one hole at 25 yards as long as I do my part. My shooting buddy and I sized 67 lbs of those bullets yesterday. That should get us through the summer! I've probably got 2500 of these loaded and in the range truck right now.

Another favorite load is the NOE ELCO over 2.8 gr Ramshot Competition. This one is stupid accurate in both my Ruger PCC and the pair of PSA 9mm AR pistols my buddy and I shoot.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Grand Master
    Blue Dot should do well in a carbine. Some interesting stuff on the net. Some loads looked very hot to me. Close to .357 Mag performance. Not a good powder for pistol use.

I was going to work up loads for a Sub2000 and bought a pound but wound up selling the gun.
    Don Verna

4 gr TiteGroup with a powder coat Lee 120 TC, I pick clay pigeons and pieces at 100 yards, I use a 3X scope.

Boolit Buddy
    If ammo prices ever come back down and you're lazy like me; At 50 yards mine shoots Wolf steel case into a 2"-3" ten shot groups with a couple flyers pulling it out to 5"ish. Tula steel case shoots 4"-5" groups with flyers pulling out to 7"-8".
    quando omni flunkus moritati

Boolit Master

I load Casting Machine's (vendor sponsor in swap and sell) 122 gr fp coated boolits sized .356 in mine over 6.5 gr HS-6. Best load I have found and works great out of mag swapping Ruger SR 9 pistol.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

I'm shooting an fx9 16" PCC in USPSA. I have been using the same charge as my pistol loads but my PCC likes a really long OAL (read barely fits in mag). I really like the lyman 358242 (mine weighs in at 130gn) pc-coww loaded w/ one lube groove exposed. loaded over initialy 4.2gn unique (@1180fps) and recently 3.2gn titegroup (@1080fps), haven't decided which one I like better recoil impulse wise but loaded up a bunch for this Sunday's match. Both group well at 25yds, cycle the action, and meet minor power factor.

Boolit Buddy
    I’ve had my PC9 since before they were released to the public (perks of being in the gun magazine business). I use the MP 59-130 rf designed for PC over 3.8 of bullseye. I have shoot this round for years and years out of my PC9 (over 200k so far) and it does excellent! I even killed a deer with it out of my PC9 a couple of years ago. She was around 35 yards away looking at me so I put one right through the neck. Needless to say she dropped

Boolit Buddy

Thanks for all of the input!!

Well those were sounding indorsements for the Ruger PC 9. Recommendations included over 8 powders and 7 different bullets. Powder included 700X, TightGroup (3), HP38, Vectan Ba9 (VV 320), Ramshot, HS-6, Unique and Bullseye.

So all I need to do now is sort out what's required to trim it out with sights, cheek piece, optics, mag release, magazine capacities, etc.

I have a 10 meter range in my shop and no neighbors withing 200 yards. The indoor range brings me a lot closer to my loading bench as I work up loads. Even at 10 meters I can get a feel whether the load will shoot 5 MOA or a 1 MOA. I think a supressor will make the first cut as well. I think there is a rail under the muzzle so I think there's probable a bipod out there somewhere.

This could turn into a long term relationship. A firearm that can perform in competition as well as being a real hoot to shoot for both young and old. And crazy cheap to shoot.

Boolit Master

I have the M*Carbo shock buffer, their extractor and their tool steel pin set in mine. The extractor is MUCH better than the factory unit. The factory extractor in mine gave up the ghost after a couple thousand rounds.

I have the Tandemkross charging handle, Taccom rear optic sight mount, it replaces the rear sight with a rail. My optic mounted on the receiver didn't always return to zero when assembling the carbine.

I have a copy of the Noveske Flaming Pig muzzle device on it.

I have a Volquartsen trigger pack. I picked up a blem on eBay for half price!

All in all I love the setup. I'd like to get one of the forearm replacement rails that covers the barrel. But they are in short supply right now.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wm Cook View Post

Thanks, Bill Cook.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...some-test-data

this was my post about my ruger pistol caliber carbine.
    WebMonkey
    Retired 19D
    Psalm 91:9
    Honda 919

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast