Load DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
WidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 45-70 Auto AR-10 platform

Boolit Master
    Had a Gibbs (IIRC) .45-70 on a Lee-Enfield action. Fed poorly, grouped likewise. Let it go down the road. Have a Marlin which works and shoots superbly.
    "You will wantonly strike a hornet's nest which extends from mountains to ocean, and legions, now quiet, will swarm out and sting us to death. It is unnecessary; it puts us in the wrong; it is fatal." Robert Toombs, Democrat of Georgia, warning of the results of the imminent attack of the Confederacy upon Fort Sumter in Charleston Harbor, 1861

Looks like a pretty cool rifle but I wonder if it would have trouble feeding your favorite 405 grain WFN. Who knows maybe it will be the 350 legend of ar10's and take off. If it's based off the .284 the rebated rim might help it feed better.

I've had a couple 458 SOCOMs and the first one was a PIA with its tight chamber neck and short throat. And it would only feed pointy bullets reliably. Life was better after buying a Tromix barrel and bolt. You can't really get to Marlin velocity with heavy boolits in the SOCOM it would be over pressured. But you can thump away with 405 grainers at 1600 fps no problem.
    Last edited by pmer; 07-07-2020 at 09:21 AM.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12