RepackboxSnyders JerkyInline FabricationWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load Data
Reloading Everything Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee "real" bullets

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    Thats the thing with TC rifles. It seems the inlines are about a .51cal. My side hammer NewEnglanders shoot them perfectly. The older one that does not have the false muzzle is a tack driver. The other one is good but not as good as the normal muzzle. I also have a TC System1 50cal. It does not like anything other than sobots from Precesion Extreme or they used to be called that. Then it would do a 2" group at 200yds. Everything else was a scattergun
    No, My TC Impact has a bore right at about .501". TC has always been very consistent on their bore diameters. I had a 54 caliber New Englander, and it might have been the worst of the bunch with the REAL. That gun had a patch of rust that couldn't have helped, but it also shot a PRB better than my renegade.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    My best guess is REALs need a tight bore. 4 of the ones I tried were TC 1:48" twists, one was a TC impact with 1:28" twist, and one an H&R with 1:35" twist. All of them have consistent, and standard sized bores, with shallow grooves. I also tried them in my TC scout pistol with 1:20" twist, and they did ok, but not great in that.

It takes too long to type everything I've tried, and it has been numerous. Just know I cast them with absolute perfection, every single one weighted and measured for diameter. I tried multiple alloys (inluding pure lead), and multiple wads, multiple lubes. I even tried beagling the mold for an extra .002" diameter.

In all 6 rifles, I can start a pure lead REAL with nothing but my thumb, and they will fall down the bore by the weight of the ramrod alone. They simply are not big enough. That is what I believe the difference is, the guys who get them to shoot, have tight bores.

I've never heard of anyone not getting a maxiball to shoot at least half decent, many times it's the best they ever tried.
    That's got to be it or at least a major part of the difference. In my genesis...it's very tight to start and takes a bit of a whack to get started... I can get the first band in ok but others need some coaxing

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12