Load DataInline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone used the FA pile driver puller yet?

Boolit Master
    Looks like another gadget I have no intention on buying
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Bullets, heads, boolets, projectiles, cartridges, bullets, rounds, cases, shells.
    Does it really matter what we call them, as long as we know what we're talking about????
    Well, the problem isn't if we know what we're talking about; the problem is a lot of other folk won't know for sure what we're talking about. Like, if happen to tell someone I have three bullets in my pocket he may think I know what I'm talking about and believe me OR he may think I have three cartridges.

Words mean something. Being sloppy with our language by saying one thing when we mean another is not conducive to good communications, especially if one knows what he's talking about. That's how all autoloading rifles of any type and caliber have come to be evil "powerful military assault" rifles and it's very hard to intelligently discuss anything about that issue with the ignorant. (I think ignorant is a valid synonym for Democrat but none of them agree with me, they all think they're much more intelligent than average Americans no matter how dumb they are.) [Witness: The supposedly lovely and obviously semi-brilliant 30 year old Mz. A.O.C. from NYC!]

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rockrat View Post
    Have a guy in our gun club that moved here years ago from New York. He was talking about loading "heads" and I just looked at him with a questioning look on my face and said "loading what"?!!! Pulled out a box of bullets and I told him we say "bullets" here. He handed me a 270 round and said "this is a bullet", so went to say that is a cartridge or a round.

Your vernacular depends on where you grew up.
    Vernacular is one thing but there being no reference to "heads" on any box of factory bullets makes me wonder if that guy had ever bought a box of bullets or even read a reloading book! Or had he ever gone to a sports store wanting a box of .30-30 bullets in a 20 round box labeled "CARTRIDGES", etc.!

And those reloaders who call mechanical powder measures "powder throwers"; where in the world did they get that name?

Ah, well ... we in the South know we can alway tell the Irish, we can always tell the Dutch, we can always tell a Yankee but we cannot tell him much! (No offense intended to the north but southerners will know exactly what I'm talking about! )

Boolit Master
    There is no Excuse for bad terminology. Loaders should No better
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master

Just don’t trust any terminology from ar15.com.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    Well, the problem isn't if we know what we're talking about; the problem is a lot of other folk won't know for sure what we're talking about. Like, if happen to tell someone I have three bullets in my pocket he may think I know what I'm talking about and believe me OR he may think I have three cartridges.

Words mean something. Being sloppy with our language by saying one thing when we mean another is not conducive to good communications, especially if one knows what he's talking about. That's how all autoloading rifles of any type and caliber have come to be evil "powerful military assault" rifles and it's very hard to intelligently discuss anything about that issue with the ignorant. (I think ignorant is a valid synonym for Democrat but none of them agree with me, they all think they're much more intelligent than average Americans no matter how dumb they are.) [Witness: The supposedly lovely and obviously semi-brilliant 30 year old Mz. A.O.C. from NYC!]
    I was banned for life from another well known site for precision shooters for calling COAL from the tip of the bullet to the cartridge base, and not from the base to the datum on the bottleneck and the space between the bolt face and a chambered round "headspace"...I was told that isn't what SAAMI defines as headspace. Well, everyone I know recognizes it as headspace, and Phil Sharpe defined it as such in his book, and I see it all over the i'net, but I guess that moderator got his panties on a bunch. He said I was giving dangerous information.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pwc View Post
    I was banned for life from another well known site for precision shooters for calling COAL from the tip of the bullet to the cartridge base, and not from the base to the datum on the bottleneck and the space between the bolt face and a chambered round "headspace". ... that moderator got his panties on a bunch. He said I was giving dangerous information.
    You're right of course, COAL means Cartridge Over All Length and Over All means exactly that, not the length to some headspace datum line on the shoulder.

That moderator has been "educated" beyond his intelligence level and he should be banned for life from anything with a key board.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123