RotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Plans for the 4th?

Boolit Master
    If you are content with allowing the government to cancel the 4th of July celebrations, then sadly, you have totally forgotten what INDEPENDENCE DAY is all about!!!

Boolit Master
    Plan to spend the day in my workshop, and the son and I may go see some fireworks somewhere in the area. We'll likely park somewhere near the venue. Midwest City is having fireworks, and a couple of other smallish towns nearby.

Neighbors have been setting off fireworks for about a month now. My poor dog is on about his last nerve.

Boolit Master

PA Governor Wolf has tried to cancel the fireworks displays and other gatherings but my town told him to "shove it" and we'll see the rocket's red glare again this year!
    Gun control is not about guns.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wch View Post
    PA Governor Wolf has tried to cancel the fireworks displays and other gatherings but my town told him to "shove it" and we'll see the rocket's red glare again this year!
    A huge congratulations to your town.

I haven’t seen fireworks in years, I stay in.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    If you were in Washington, I'd take care of at least one of those elk for you... I've lived here 5 years and still haven't gotten a Washington hunting license. I still go every year with my dad and brother in Idaho, but don't shoot anything.
    I am in Washington, but the hay stacks are over on a Reservation. I can’t hunt them either ....

I have Tribal hunters that harvest them but there is a limit to what they can handle. The herd moves off but is back in a couple of hours. Then they are hazed off by Jeep or snowmobile. Then they come back around 2:00 AM.

A few years ago we were dealing with 300 head every night. They came in a packed column 3/4 of a mile long.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master
    Smoked boar shoulder with other eats, beer, and family. Sons bringing fireworks as the love of his life likes them, kinda new to me but if it makes them happy I’m in. Don’t know what the government thinks, don’t really care, my farm I’ll do what I want. They sell it, so guess we can light it off.
    Was watching a Brian Shaw utube ( shawstrength, or “history’s strongest man”) and saw they were doing a show on revolutionary war strong man and had a segment on shooting the musket. I don’t have a musket, but a flint Tn mountain rifle. Thinking I may let some of them shoot it to get a feel of what it was really like “way back”. Most people now have probably never even seen a flintlock long rifle like used at Kings Mountain. A teaching moment and fun too boot!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Three44s View Post
    I am in Washington, but the hay stacks are over on a Reservation. I can’t hunt them either ....

I have Tribal hunters that harvest them but there is a limit to what they can handle. The herd moves off but is back in a couple of hours. Then they are hazed off by Jeep or snowmobile. Then they come back around 2:00 AM.

A few years ago we were dealing with 300 head every night. They came in a packed column 3/4 of a mile long.

Three44s
    Ahh... You must be up in the middle/Northern part of the state.

We have a decent herd down in this area, but they hang out on private property and you have to be really good friends with a farmer to hunt deer or elk around here.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    Just saw a fine fireworks display over Indian Lake in Wright County MN. People seemed to be flexing their patriotic muscle. Hitting the hay with a good feeling.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

The 4th is a big event here.
    The big star shells have been going off around the neighborhood all night in bursts like micro wave pop corn.

It's 11 now, and that wonderful smell of clouds of burnt black powder has been in the air since it got dark.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Spent the day cutting grass and filling up my BIL's trailer with dirt. Wife worked in her garden and picked fresh string beans I had planted. It's 11:47pm here and you can still hear an ocansional boom, other than that pretty quiet 4th. Frank

Banned

yup I wish theyd ban the for good. For two nights before and after the 4th around here you cant sleep till after 11 because of idiots shooting them off. Mostly tourists that don't give rat's about if the locals are bothered by it. At least keep it to just the town display on the 4th.
    Quote Originally Posted by slim1836 View Post
    I haven’t seen fireworks in years, I stay in.

Slim

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    yup I wish theyd ban the for good. For two nights before and after the 4th around here you cant sleep till after 11 because of idiots shooting them off. Mostly tourists that don't give rat's about if the locals are bothered by it. At least keep it to just the town display on the 4th.
    Seems like a good problem to have...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123