Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: Noe and Arsenal molds

Boolit Bub

Noe and Arsenal molds

I have a couple of the newer Lyman molds in 44 and 38 caliber. Both cast boolits undersized the 44 is the worst. Any way I need to replace them and was looking at the Arsenal and Noe molds because I'm wanting a 429421 clone that is proper size. I like Accurate molds a lot and just got a couple new ones from Tom. The Arsenal and Noe molds look very similar to the Accurates and cost less. Are these two mold makers good choices? Do they drop bullets of proper size?

Boolit Master
    Hondo if your molds aren't too much under size. PC the bullets could add up to .002"

Boolit Master
    I have a Lyman 429421 mold that dropped undersize boolits. Called Lyman and they told me to send it back. I believe they also asked for a couple sample boolits. A month or so later they returned the mold and it was much better. I use the 265gr NOE boolit for 99% of my .44 shooting these days but it’s nice to have that 429421 as a reference

Boolit Master
    I don't have any Arsenal molds yet but have a pile of NOEs and mine are all within a half thousandth of what they should be which is extraordinarily good.
    Rule 303

Boolit Grand Master
    Arsenal are pretty good too. My old 429421 4 cav, casts right at .432" with WW. Course, its 45 yrs old too!!

Boolit Man
    I have a few NOE molds and love them! They cast and drop perfectly. I wouldn't hesitant to order more. I have my first Arsenal ordered so I'm hopeful.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    When we are looking for one or two thousandths over groove diameter after sizing our mold makers need to be on the ball. And they usually are. My newest mold from NOE drops boolits at .359 and I can use them in 9mm or .38 firearms by sizing appropriately. And all the molds I have gotten from Tom at Accurate drop boolits at what I asked for. My two Lee molds cut it pretty fine and can be used without sizing but one is gas checked and I powder coat the other one so they get sized too.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Master
    I have a fair number of molds from NOE and Accurate and they cast to the diameter on the block. If you order a block from Tom you can specify the diameter you want. I have one Arsenal mold it cast to diameter on the block but be aware the coating on the sprue plate is paint of some type.
    Thought there was leading on the sprue plate,used some Hoppe's to clean it icoating came off. No big deal but was quite surprised it happened.

Boolit Buddy
    I have one NOE and one Arsenal, both fairly recent purchases. Both are 158 Gr SWC, and drop at 358/359 which is what I wanted. If you put them side by side you couldn't tell the difference between them. Same mould block, same letter style etc.

The NOE dropped bullets like crazy but I couldn't get that bullet to shoot worth a darn and others have said the same thing so I gave up on it. Went with Arsenals version of the RCBS 358-158KT and it drops a beautiful bullet that shoots lights out accurate. I did have to send the arsenal back after three sessions, the sleeve for the alignment pin moved inward and kept the mould from closing tight. Also had the sprue plate locking screw back out when I used it and that was annoying. Too hot here to cast since it was returned so I hope these issues are all fixed. Arsenal communication was not very good but I would still order from them again, just don't ask a lot of questions.

Now I need to sell the NOE. !
    Last edited by Huskerguy; 07-02-2020 at 09:34 AM.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks guys. I may contact Lyman about the molds and see what they say. I had a 429421 from the late 80's but sold it when I sold my SBH then when the flat tops came out I had to have a 44 spl. I really enjoy the 44 spl but not so much the magnum.