MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline FabricationLee Precision
RepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: Rolling Block

Boolit Master

Rolling Block

Well I finally got myself a shootable Remington Roller. I bought an Egyptian Rolling block from Marlinman93 a while back with visions of making it into a custom rifle but I was having problems finding a smith to do the work. The Egyptian may be up for sale soon. The rifle I got probably started life as #5 7mm because the patten date on the tang is 1901. The receiver looks to be in excellent condition with no pitting or imperfections that are visible. The stock looks to me like stained maple. It has a 30" half round half octagon barrel chambered in 40-65. I want to put a good tang and global front sight on the rifle. Brass and dies are on the way and I have started looking at molds. I slugged the barrel at both the muzzle and breech and they both are the same at .410/.403. I am thinking of buying an Accurate mold for this one and have kinda decided on the 41-407L and having the body cut to .412 and the bore rider section cut to .401. Any thoughts on the mold or sizes I am thinking of having made? http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_...=41-407L-D.png Here are a couple pictures.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6748.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	264287 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6749.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	264288 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6750.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	264289

Beautiful !

Nice gun! I'd probably not go to a .412" bullet if your bore is .410" I prefer bore size, to .001" over, so would go with a .410"-.411" bullet mold myself. I have the same bore size on a couple .40-65 single shots and like the RCBS .40 300 CSA mold a lot. I also have the same mold in a 350 CSA and it too works very well. Not sure which I like better, but the 350 gr. holds a little edge out past 650 yds.

Boolit Master
    Dang nice rifle, thanks for sharing the pics. I sent you a PM.