Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: target black bull sizes

Boolit Master

target black bull sizes

my eyes need a larger black bull size when using apeture sights. a 6 in. black is what used to work for me. now i need a 8 in. black at 100 yds. i have some hoppes brand that have a 8 in bull . the designation is NRA# TQ-4. i would like to get something on a heavy paper and get replacement centers. that being said is there any information as to the size of the bull's on the targets that are available ; i can't find anything.

Get creative, make your own targets and save a couple pennies to boot. A typical coffee can is 6", a paper plate is 9". Buy a big roll of freezer wrap and cut to a size you like. cut the bottom out of the coffee can, lay it on the paper and spray the inside gloss black.
    Set a beer can in the middle of the coffee can and spray around it. It makes a 2 1/2" white dot in the black field and shows up at 100 yds. real nice.
    I have a pop bottle cut out. I spray 5- 2 3/4" dots in a domino pattern for close pistol and small bore shooting.
    Spray the paper plates black and staple or glue them to the targets, or just shoot them as they are. Stick orange target dots on them.
    I like florescent green for my 100 yard targets. they light up real nice, and the boolit holes are easy to see in the scope.
    I scrounge paper for targets. Old calendars work well, and I collect everybodies year end calendars and desk pads at work.
    Lots of things a guy can do, and have fun doing it.

Boolit Master
    i made a ring out of a heavy wall pipe many years ago. 8.375 od, 7.750 id. that is my last resort. i want store bought targets if i can get them.

Boolit Man
    porthos,

The NRA TQ-4, aka the A-14, is the 100 yard smallbore rifle target, The black is eight inches in diameter and encompasses the X, 10, 9, 8, and 7 rings. The 6 and 5 rings are white. The target is 14" X 14".

Pistoleer
    has these targets with black centers in both paper and tag. Blue orange, and red centers are available in the paper version.

If you are looking for NRA target dimensions, they can be found in the rule books.

PB

Quote Originally Posted by porthos View Post
    i made a ring out of a heavy wall pipe many years ago. 8.375 od, 7.750 id. that is my last resort. i want store bought targets if i can get them.
    OK, I get it. Here you go:
    http://mytargets.com
    https://targets.net

Boolit Master

kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

8" black, just the thing!

http://www.targetz.com/targets07.htm
    Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Boolit Master
    Here are some bullseye diameters of NRA pistol targets.

B40 10 meter air pistol 2.34 inches
    B2 50' Pistol 3.07 inches
    B16 25 yard Pistol 5.5 inches
    B6 50 yard Pistol 8.0 inches

And for you rifle shooters

SR1 100 yard 6.35 inches
    Some times it's the pot,
    Some times it's the pan,
    It might even be the skillet,
    But, most of the time, it's the cook.

I can't help with your original query, but I might offer a suggestion. I have found I see a colored target better than black. Such as neon green or neon pink. You might could experiment with taking a paper plate and giving it a coat of hot pink paint. It's helped me quite a bit with irons (not peeps).

I like the orange slow pistol targets with a 2" shoot n see black bullseye stuck in the center.

Plus it has the advantage that if you shoot the center out you can just stick a new one over top of the old.