RepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataReloading Everything
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: Lyman customer service coming up.

Lyman customer service coming up.

I bought a Lyman ram prime some time back. Well lyman only gives you one ram and you have to change cups between small and large. So I got on Lyman's website and after trying to navigate that maze finally sent them a message. I asked about a second ram, spring and set screw. Well I'd forgot all about it until those parts arrived today. Would have been nice if a follow up email had been sent, but I'd rather have the parts than an email.

Figured I'd share my experience. I for one have not given up on Lyman.

Bazoo

Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    Would have been nice if a follow up email had been sent,
    That reminds me of my Dad.
    He was always very minimal on any sort of correspondence.
    He figured all your questions would eventually be answered without any extra effort on his part.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    That reminds me of my Dad.
    He was always very minimal on any sort of correspondence.
    He figured all your questions would eventually be answered without any extra effort on his part.
    Reminds me of the insurance company I'm dealing with on my deceased mother's life insurance policy. You let them know she has passed and they tell you to send such and such so I do then nothing. After a month I call them and they say did they send you a certain form, no they didn't, so they e-mail me one. Guy on the other end says it is company policy that the customer has to reach out and get information even though I have been given the run around for the last two months. I told him that if I owed THEM money they sure as hell would reach out to me then wouldn't they?

Boolit Buddy
    Lyman used to publish a separate "parts" price list but apparently not anymore.
    I sent them an email last month to buy an extra AC adaptor for my Lyman electronic scale. Lo and behold, they sent it to me free of charge...

Banned
    I believe Lyman was losing a lot of business because their quality control and customer service went down the toilet.

I still avoid them and choose different options when I can. My last purchase of a Lyman product was an all American 8 press. On all 3 of the presses I returned and they sent me a new one, the paint was damaged in shipping. (first time through amazon then I dealt directly with Lyman). I offered them a deal for me to keep the 3rd damaged press and they agreed with it. I am satisfied and hopefully, they will do something about their crummy packaging job/design on the press. I have heard many bad reports on the American 8's priming system ( I never used mine, it blocks most of the access to the ram and I generally prime off the press ) The bushing on the turret was several thousandths too tall (the turret rocked when you seated boolits) so I contacted them again and they sent me 2 new bushings that work great. Now I load all my rifle ammo on it except 223 and 300 BO which I still load on my progressive press.

Boolit Bub
    Lyman is probably realizing two companies with incredible followings operate much the same way.

Lee and Vortex. Each at opposite ends of the perceived quality and niche of customer spectrum however both, in my experience, have been absolutely TOP NOTCH when it comes to product support after the sale. I understand the limitations with Lee products and use them as such. I really enjoy them. It's been my gateway into reloading.