RepackboxRotoMetals2WidenersInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading Everything
Titan Reloading

Thread: Ruger American Rimfire cost

Boolit Master

Ruger American Rimfire cost

Just an observation, but I was quite surprised at how much the price of these has increased in just a few years. I bought one in a LGS in the summer of 2017 and paid $295. This was the basic black . 22 LR with the longer barrel. This past Monday in the same LGS, I just happened to notice the price tag on one. $449 for the exact same gun!!!

I just found that surprising.

Boolit Master
    I'm surprised you saw one at all. Not many guns left in the LGS here. Single shot rimfires, cf rifles, shotguns or double barrel shotguns are just about all that's left here. You can still get high end items like a Benneli youth shotgun for $1,200. I was told they didn't know when they would be able to get more in. The one store only had 2 long guns left and one was sold it was a 30-30 lever action. The other was the Benneli. They had very little ammo. I went to the other LGS they had plenty of ammo. I paid $8.99 + tax ea. for 50ct CCI Quiets .22lr. They had a Remington Target master on the used rack for $125 & some other oddball stuff mostly stuff that wouldn't be used for home defense. They had plenty of high end shotguns and a few Henry lever guns. Both places told me they have been all but wiped out in the last few weeks because of the rioting concerns. Prices are reflecting the high volume of gun sales. As Covid-19 hit Dicks decided to stop selling guns. The store here had so many people buying guns they stopped the sale pricing and sold everything at full price. The store was wiped out of most stock in 3 days. Both of these run on guns, the majority were first time buyers, they didn't know what ammo they needed. My buddy was at Dick's, people wanted to know if the box of 410 shells would fit the 12ga shotgun they were buying and other questions like that. My buddy just came back from Maine, he stopped in the Kittery Trading Post. The gun section now has a ticket system to buy guns because of the amount of people they have coming in. He said stock was much lower than normal with few used long guns left. He wants the Ruger your talking about but didn't want to wait in the long line as he had a 4.5hr drive home. He said they had one on the rack, I checked their website: Ruger American Rimfire Standard 22 LR 18" or 22" 10-Round Rifle $339.99 They also list a Ruger American Rimfire Target 22 LR 18" 10-Round Rifle
    $469.99. This is what you may have seen. BTW, most of the air rifles were gone and all the pellets as well.
    Last edited by NyFirefighter357; 06-30-2020 at 10:01 PM.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    The American rimfire is $269.95 and available here in the Bluegrass.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Buddy
    I bought the standard model 22 in bbl on sale in may at my LGS for $199.00
    Too good a deal to pass up, this was a one day sale.
    It shoots fantastic.

They are on sale here in OH quite often for $ 199 at several stores .

Jedman

Boolit Bub
    For a Ruger American Rimfire model 8372, I paid a 399.00 about six months ago. LGS have slim pickins. Primers impossible to find.