Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load DataRepackbox
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Last Rifle Purchase

Last Rifle Purchase

I’m in process of cashing out of shooting. Not interested in buying more guns except I don’t have any murder weapons. Due to social environment I think I might need a AR.
    Have plenty experience with M16, both shooting and repair. Had no use for them since I got out Army. Today looked on Buds, every 223 AR type gun is marked out of stock. I want dependable no frills model, no optics will be used. Gun is strictly for HD one function. Don’t need any tongue rests, curb feelers or any of the other crap the Drug Store Commandos bolt on. Use of M16 mags is requirement. What’s best deal on store bought gun?

Boolit Master
    Palmetto state armory makes a A2 type AR 15, only difference is that carry handle comes off to mount an optic if you choose. I think the have a m4 variant too. Anderson is another no frills ar maker, and they have completed rifles and kits. I can't speak for PSA, but the 2 Andersons I have are reliable.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    For a basic, lean it in the closet AR, the palmetto is aok. I have a couple of theirs and a few that aren't and am happy.

Buy a stripped Anderson lower and make (build) one exactly like you need. I’ve done this several times and every one has worked perfectly. For SHTF a Mini 14 is a great choice, too- but costlier.

Boolit Master

right now PSA has AR mags on sale for less then 10 bucks.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master

AR mags you mean like I like 20 rounds , oh they fall on my doorstep once in awhile , ex military surplus that they do not clean and wonder why it does not work , a little sweat equity and I am good to go , palmetto is always a good choice , shop and compare as sometimes free shipping costs you more , local gun shop had areo precision lowers , great and no fee add your own upper and stock .

Boolit Bub
    All of the above mentioned, & as said, build it how you want it... If all you want is HD? Build it on the PDW platform, get something like a Maxim defense brace, low profile gas block, pistol length, direct impingement.. I run a 7" barrel... Total length with the the brace at full length is around 21" - 28 1/2" suppressed.. Very easy to move around the house & stay low profile on target... Although I use an EOTECH, I have Magpul MBUS, MLOK handguard, only accessories are forward assist grip to keep my fingers behind the muzzle & flashlight...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    For home defense, it's really hard to beat a 12 gauge. 73 caliber, you know. And the shot cup won't open inside almost any room (at trap ranges they are found beyond the bunker that's 16 yards from the firing line).

Banned

yup build your own. even with psa's slightly inflated prices do to the political environment today you can still put together a good ar for under 500 bucks. Anyone that can put together a tv stand can put together an ar15.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remiel View Post
    Palmetto state armory makes a A2 type AR 15, only difference is that carry handle comes off to mount an optic if you choose. I think the have a m4 variant too. Anderson is another no frills ar maker, and they have completed rifles and kits. I can't speak for PSA, but the 2 Andersons I have are reliable.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Buy a stripped Anderson lower and make (build) one exactly like you need. I’ve done this several times and every one has worked perfectly. For SHTF a Mini 14 is a great choice, too- but costlier.
    Exactly. Buy a striped lower, lower parts kit, bolt carrier group and a complete upper and put it together yourself. Many good videos on YouTube on doing it. I put one together last week with a stainless 18in upper in 223 Wylde. Took me an hour or so.
    I bought the upper from 22Mods For all on Black Friday sale before this foolishness. All told I have under $300 into it. I've bought from several places including PSA, Black Rifle Depot etc. All the parts work fine
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6322BED8-93B4-4ECA-92DC-01A400483870.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	274139A vintage Win 308 lever action model 88 has the oak leaves and egg corns on it was in great condition.
    Last edited by Dekota56; 12-28-2020 at 07:51 PM.
    The Soldier that Volunteers, fighting for his Country and his rights,
    makes the most reliable Soldier on Earth.

CDNN has $700 ARs.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    CDNN has $700 ARs.
    They were probably $350 a few months ago! Probably a grand at the end of January.