RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataInline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger Bisley 44 Special 4 5/8 Inch

Boolit Master
    I ran a few loads with Unique and .430 240 bb swc Hi-Tek coated commercial cast , WW primers Starline cases . checked them with the LabRadar 30' from muzzle in a 3" GP100 and a 45/8 Bisley
    I would prefer a .431 bullet
    The 6.4 and 6.9 grains of unique are both over max depending on what manual you are looking at .
    So work up safely .

GP100 ................................ Bisley
    6.1 unique 759 sd 14.9 ........... 805 sd 16.4
    6.4 " 787 sd 18.9 .......... 844 sd 15.2
    6.9 " 849 sd 10.9........... 896 sd 13.9
    This is a common lower priced bullet so some of you guys and gals may use them .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A2164413-E717-41B4-A444-775EF67FE4CB.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	264786

Boolit Grand Master
    I had one that I kick myself almost daily for selling
    however I used a 245-250gr Keith boolit with 7.5 gr.of unique
    and had no problems with the sight at 50 yds
    actually was the best revo I have owned
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    Art, I think you'll be all right. I don't have a Bisley but my flattop has adequate rear sight adjustment. Like DougGuy, I prefer a softer boolit, but don't think it will be problematic if your boolits are .430 or larger unless your cylinder throats are in considerable disagreement with the bore.
    Got out to shoot it. The 240 Gr and 7 Gr of Unique was fine at 25 yards with the rear not all the way down but not much more to go. The 200 Gr and the same 7 Gr of Unique had to have the rear raised several cliks. I want to use the 200 Gr mostly so all is well with the front sight.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    I have one of these too! great gun! 6.0 gr of W231 Keith boolits.

The second one is a SBH Bisley that got it's barrel chopped off.

Randy
    What boolit are you using with the 6 Gr of 231. If 250 Gr Keith I might be able to use 6.5 Gr of HP-38 (same as 231) with a 200 gr boolit?

Yes, 250 gr Keith Boolit. This is a relatively mild load and 6.5 gr wouldn't hurt anything with the 250 gr boolit, with a 200 gr boolit it would just go faster. Not even close to the top end. In fact it is low mid range.

Started much lower with lighter boolits in my S&W 696 but they all shoot way high, so I came up with this load from an article from Brian Pearce on the .44 Special and it shot to the sights so I quit there. It would knock down anything I needed to shoot. I think it is running @850 fps?

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    Yes, 250 gr Keith Boolit. This is a relatively mild load and 6.5 gr wouldn't hurt anything with the 250 gr boolit, with a 200 gr boolit it would just go faster. Not even close to the top end. In fact it is low mid range.

Started much lower with lighter boolits in my S&W 696 but they all shoot way high, so I came up with this load from an article from Brian Pearce on the .44 Special and it shot to the sights so I quit there. It would knock down anything I needed to shoot. I think it is running @850 fps?

Randy
    Than you.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Art in Colorado View Post
    Got out to shoot it. The 240 Gr and 7 Gr of Unique was fine at 25 yards with the rear not all the way down but not much more to go. The 200 Gr and the same 7 Gr of Unique had to have the rear raised several cliks. I want to use the 200 Gr mostly so all is well with the front sight.
    One advantage the regular blackhawks have are the bolsters beside the rear sight and a longer sight base on my 45 flat top I could get enough elevation from the rear but it was adjusted to high for the design but Ruger makes a taller rear blade that let me adjust the sight down where it was stable and I didn't have to worry about the screw falling out easy fix if your load has the rear to high .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12