Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersReloading Everything
Load DataRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Uberti 1873 44 mag 24.25" octagonal

Banned

Uberti 1873 44 mag 24.25" octagonal

Well I found one of these available. Interesting they put a 44 mag in the toggle link action but I assume uberti knows what they are doing.
    What I was wondering was what the bore might slug at for these? Anyone out there got a 44 mag or 44 special in the 1873 uberti ? I would rather not buy into sloppy chambers or bizarrely large groove diametres.
    New color scheme to me too, the other uberti 73's I had seen had the case hardened effect reciever, but this looks like just the lever, hammer and trigger are, the rest is blue. Thanks for any thoughts or opinions on any of the above.

Last edited by mickbr; 06-29-2020 at 08:36 AM.

Wow, where did you find that? I’d love one ! Thought they only made a Carbine version (20” bbl) in 44 Mag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    I have 4 Uberti 44-40 rifles and they all measure .429" with 1 in 20 twist. I would guess your rifle would be the same.

Nice rifle. I would not be apprehensive about shooting 44 mag ammo in it.
    Last edited by NMBill; 06-29-2020 at 07:54 AM.

Banned
    Its in Australia The model is not normally stocked, has to be special ordered from Uberti Italy with considerable wait times. This one was ordered by a fella who found something else locally and when the gun turned up 12 months later it went up for sale. Thanks for the barrel particulars NMBill, good tight twist for running subsonics too.

Boolit Master
    Can't help you on bore size, but congrats on that find. Wow. You'd think Uberti would sell a bunch of those if they were a regular production rifle instead of special order. Well.... I know they'd sell at least one more.

Banned
    yes you would think they would sell pretty well. this is the Uberti catalogue for interests sake. Rifle above is item *2051
    http://www.ubertireplicas.com/produc...rifle-carbine/

I was also unaware they did 32-20 and 38-40.

Boolit Mold
    About a year ago I asked one of the US importers (was it Taylor's?) about how well the .44 Mag '73 holds up. The answer was, shall we say, measured, suggesting to me a steady diet of full power loads might not be the best idea. Let's agree it passed Italian proof, which is pretty hot stuff.