Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our strange hobby

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk42gunner View Post
    Its been a few years, but I bought a 450 at a gunshow for $20.00, it needed a few prts but I am still into it for well under thirty dollars.

Then a little later I was at an estate auction and bought one of the newer 450's with heater no less, for $17.50. Evidently no one recognized what it was.

I still mostly use my RCBS Lubamatic filled with FWFL for most things, but having extra lubriszers gives you options. Like one for BP lube, and another for a different smokeless lube.

The one thing that may top my dislike for trimming cases is changing lube in a sizer. It is only done when absolutely necessary, at least at my house.

Robert
    That is why I have ten lubesizers. I dislike changing sizing dies too. I bought them all used and the most I paid for one was $49 for the RCBS and it is my favorite.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post
    Always keep in mind the gun show to divorce cost ratio.
    We each get an "allowance." I try to be fair. When I get an expensive goodie, so does she. Or at least as many $$ as I got. One of her "goodies" was this kitchen work I've been messing with for several weeks now. Back starts giving me fits, and I go hang out on this board with a bunch of other crazies for a few hours. Then go back and do something until the back starts hurting again. Rinse, repeat. She got a $300 sink, garbage disposal "custom" (by me and a jigsaw) cabinet, and there is a motion detector faucet to go on when I finish hooking up the disposal. As time passes will be upgrading all the cabinets eventually. Kitchen is HER workshop. It needs improvements and new tooling, just like mine does.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrounge View Post
    We each get an "allowance." I try to be fair. When I get an expensive goodie, so does she.
    That's too cool.

It works like that around here.
    A few years ago, 'we' don't really keep track of it any more.
    When I realized how far ahead of the game I was--- I quit counting.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

I'm still looking for a $20 Lyman 55....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    That's too cool.

It works like that around here.
    A few years ago, 'we' don't really keep track of it any more.
    When I realized how far ahead of the game I was--- I quit counting.
    She puts up with me, I'm not doing anything to make her any unhappier than I absolutely need to. Mid-August will be our 38th anniversary. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't know how to deal with anyone else, now. And I have noticed that I have some expensive tastes. I'm trying to find some way to wangle a 1903 Springfield and a 7.62x25 C96 Mauser out of the budget before I die. She wants an Endless pool or something similar. Since I haven't been able to find her a 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SL. Last time I found one, it was only $110K. In 1983. Just checked, 10x that now valuewise, not sure I could actually get one for that. Gotta win the lottery.

Boolit Master
    I got a Lyman 55 for $15 at a show last year. Had some light surface rust on some external parts and the drum was seized by light corrosion between the drum and frame. Slides were also stuck with crud and the lid was missing. Not near as bad as it sounds. About an hour of work with fine steel wool and Kroil got everything disassembled, cleaned, and moving again. It now works just fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12