Snyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxReloading Everything
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: New driveway and power gate advice.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O

New driveway and power gate advice.

Putting in a new driveway 10 ft wide

Need to put conduit under the drive for power on both sides HOW LONG SHOULD IT BE?

Double chainlink gate LONG enough to come up next to the fence post and 2 ft rise?

Thank for any advice
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

power on both sides HOW LONG SHOULD IT BE? it should be long enough to reach to where you want it stopped

did you me how large should it be? if thats the case you can never go to large but for simple power needs a 1 inch conduit would carry enough for a single circuit, if it was me I would go at least 1 and a half. if you plan on having camera systems or speaker you would need a second conduit for them because you can not run low voltage and high voltage together.

as for the gate look into the ones that open up, as in straight up. they use a hydraulic cylinder to raise and lower, and you dont have to worry about swing radius
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master
    I have a Platinum brand opener on mine. It operates strictly on 12 volt solar power. I have no electricity at the top of my private drive. Gate is over 100 yards from the house. Extremely, happy with it. It has a very powerful DC motor that operates a one piece sliding gate that is constructed of 2 1/2" black pipe, about 26' long and weighs over 550 pounds.

https://platinumasi.com/

Three quarter inch PVC conduit is run from the concrete motor pad to the opposite fixed panel side, where the solar panel is mounted. Another piece is ran from that pad to where the intercom/key pad is located............at least a vehicle length from the gate on either or both sides of the gate. If you go with one keypad, that would be located on the street side of the gate. I use vehicle remotes or key fobs so I'm using only one keypad/intercom post.

Winelover

Banned

id go with conduit at least 2 feet longer on each side to keep it where the gravel, pavement or vehicle traffic doesn't compact the ground so hard that its hard to dig up if you ever have to replace it.