Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingADvertise here

Thread: Long delayed PIF for Pete501's 310 Dies --- Like New Lee Safety Powder Scale

Long delayed PIF for Pete501's 310 Dies --- Like New Lee Safety Powder Scale

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200626_100540648 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	204.8 KB 
ID:	264092

I did not understand how the PIF format works when Pete501 sent me a package of Lyman 310 dies, and I didn't have much in the way of goodies that someone else could use. I have remedied that to some extent. In penance, I'll be posting at least 3 PIFs. This is the first.

Bill

Better late than never. Good on ya!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rp- View Post
    Better late than never. Good on ya!

I suppose if you get crap, you could reasonably give crap, but I've priced Lyman 310 dies on ebay. They are not crap, despite what my wife says. Had to come up with something good.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrounge View Post
    I suppose if you get crap, you could reasonably give crap, but I've priced Lyman 310 dies on ebay. They are not crap, despite what my wife says. Had to come up with something good.
    Someone should make a pushing to used those dies on a normal press. I've seen those dies sold for a buck because they're old and nobody uses them.

Someone should make a pushing to used those dies on a normal press. I've seen those dies sold for a buck because they're old and nobody uses them.

I'm building my own small machine shop in the back room. Don't give me any more ideas.

Couldn't tell that from asking prices on Gunbroker.com, either.

Boolit Master

There are adapters available to use 5/8x30 dies on a 7/8x14 press. Remember, all 310 and TruLine Jr dies (except a few straight wall pistol dies) are neck size only.

Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    There are adapters available to use 5/8x30 dies on a 7/8x14 press. Remember, all 310 and TruLine Jr dies (except a few straight wall pistol dies) are neck size only.
    I've got a set of 6mm dies from a PIF box. Might need to send those to you sometime.

I've got a set of 6mm dies from a PIF box. Might need to send those to you sometime.

I've probably got a dozen different 310 dies now, so should have enough examples to figure out how to make my own. If you don't need them, or need to clean out the excess stuff, I'd take them if you want to send them, or you could put up a PIF of your own. There has gotta be someone who needs something like that!

Lyman has announced that they've stopped production on the 310 dies, and the 310 shop has apparently vanished. I'm not looking for a business, but I am looking to have stuff to do in my workshop now that I'm retired. We'll see how things shake out.

Bill

Hey Bill, if that scale is still available I would like it. Pm on the way!
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Thanks Bill I’ll get a return PIF postEd this week!

I don't need the scale. I just want to say I load 9mm and 38 Special on a Tru Line Jr. You'll see it in my avitar.It is a great press.
    VOTE, VOTE, VOTE often. In dealing with potential dishonesty or corruption, Something you might keep in mind is a revealing quote by S.W. Erdnase in his book The Expert at the Card Table "Almost every ruse in the game is more or less dependent upon another one."
    Politicians are like babies diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by bbogue1 View Post
    I don't need the scale. I just want to say I load 9mm and 38 Special on a Tru Line Jr. You'll see it in my avitar.It is a great press.
    Reloading presses are kinda like lathes. Any press is better than no press. I'm using a Spar-T that I hauled around for at least 30 years. I'd like to have a real sturdy O-type press, but until one falls on my foot, I'm doing fine with the Spar-T.

Got the scale last night ( I don’t usually get my mail delivered till 8 pm or later! That’s if the mailman delivers it to the right address!)Anyway thanks scrounge! I’ll get my return pif posted by the end of the week! It might take a couple days to ship it out after it’s claimed cause my post office doesn’t stock flat rate boxes, envelopes, or anything really. You have to order everything and have it shipped to your house and hope it gets delivered! My part of VA has the worst postal service I’ve ever dealt with! Oh well enough complaining!
    Thanks again
    Poppy42

Boolit Master

When I sold my 310 dies, I included an adapter with them. I still have one in my box of "what if I need ones". They do fit standard presses.