Recently Ive acquired a High Standard K-10 Trap Model shotgun. Its got a little bit of wear, but is in overall decent condition. The bluing on it is one of the darkest and best looking I have seen. A bit of the finish has been worn off around the trigger guard and there is a little bit of rust in a few areas. But nothing that couldnt be cleaned up fairly easily. It also has a scene with some ducks engraved on the side of the receiver.

It looks like it was originally a 2 bead sight system (front/mid) on it and the bead in the middle is busted off. Not sure if I will need to replace it though. I guess I need to shoot a few clays and see how it handles for me with the single bead first.

The action is as slick as goose poop. If you hit the release, it just drops open. Quite nice! After going over everything and cleaning/oiling I have fired a few wally world trap loads just to function test it and all went well.

I know, I know...I need to post pics. I will get some up next time Im home and can snap a few.

After a few hours of searching online I found most of the info I was looking for but its not much. It was possibly made around 1961-1964, has a 30" barrel, and it has a full choke.

I found John Stimson's High Standard info website and a post on another forum that provide what could be the factory model # of 8161. But that doesnt answer my final question.

There is a * stamped on the barrel which designates that it is a full choked barrel. Under the * there are two letters stamped. From what I can gather those letters may be a date code.

Does anyone here have any info on where to find info on the letters/date code??? Just for my own curiosity I would like to try and figure out when this baby was born.