WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad Data
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: .30 carbine brass

.30 carbine brass

Does anyone know of any cartridge that shares head dimensions with .30 carbine. The gun stores here have nothing for the carbine except a box of ammo for $50. 223 will not work head is larger diameter. searched but came up with very little.
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Buddy
    Starline makes brass and sells direct.

Was hoping to find something today to cut down seeing how we live 2 weeks from everywhere if i have to i will go that way though

Boolit Master
    Hey there, I see this come up frequently - and please don't take offense to the question - but why do you want to reform brass for this cartridge when so much cheap / readily obtainable brass is available? I don't know if I have gotten less than 10 loadings out of my supply.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Id have to drive 200 miles just to find some and may be none there . there is none here

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozark mike View Post
    Id have to drive 200 miles just to find some and may be none there . there is none here
    Midway carries starline, and you can order from them directly also.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

This was probably a open and shut case my lyman list no other case except 32acp with close to the same dimensions but is obviously way to short. So unless there is some rare cartridge out there that im unaware of im probably sol. Just trying to make sure i covered all escape routes before i jump out a 9th story window

Boolit Buddy
    As per the handloader's manual of cartridge conversion. Instruction quote is -
    .25-20 Win brass, trim rim dia, cut new extractor groove, fire form, size, trim to length. "Best to find factory cases"
    Sorry but you are going to have to buck up and order online as finding .25-20 Win is less likely that .30 Carbine in most LGS.
    Shaune509

Yeah thats kind of crazy to go through all that I'm gonna look that book up though sounds handy

Do you have the hardback or something else most places want $50 on up for a real book

I recently bought a carbine, new made an Auto Ordinance. Tried to find brass, must be made of unobtanium.
    I finally found some at Grafs, bought all they had 600 rnds. They may be back in stock now, haven't checked lately.
    Not the cheapest stuff in the world for what it is.
    Some places are selling surplus S. Korean carbine ammo now SGA, Wideners, etc. 2 cans cost more than I paid for the carbine.

Boolit Buddy
    !050+ page 8"x11" soft bound 2002 copy right by Stoeger.
    Have had new since about 2005, price on cover is $39.95
    Note sure Stoeger pubs is still selling new books so on the used market I'm sure its pricey.
    To bad that the online thing has killed many of the older small publishers and now the info is not even out there online or the search engines have it so deep and obscure that will never get the proper search word to bring it up.
    Shaune509

I watch S&S on the site here like a hawk for .30 carbine brass and sometimes it pays off. I don’t mind
    buying used brass for the carbine, it seems to last until lost. Before the Pandemonium, good PPU and Aguila ammo were at Academy for about $20/50 and Russian steel case ammo was about $16/50. Once the brass is in hand, it is cheap to load for- especially with cast.

A store named Ollie's occasionally sells versions at under $10. I don't see books listed on their web site.

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.c...ass/30-carbine
    The man in the brown truck will even bring it to 3rd world counties like Montana for less than you can drive that 200 miles.

Wow another Libbyite get warm for you today they said mid 80s. Ill probably get on midway and do it that way since libby sports cant help.

Boolit Master
    $$$$$$$$$$$ says it all
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master
    this thread confirms my belief that loaders will waste monumental amounts of time to save .27 cents
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Quote Originally Posted by salpal48 View Post
    this thread confirms my belief that loaders will waste monumental amounts of time to save .27 cents
    Yeah do that 370 times you saved $100

Quote Originally Posted by salpal48 View Post
    Or use something like this to learn how to make or to keep in practice so they can make the really unobtanium stuff when the need arises.

Like the 40 pieces of 375 H&H that is in the process of being converted into 350 Rigby Magnum that sit on my bench.

Midway shows them as out of stock.

At $115.

For 20.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast