MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad DataReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Wideners

Thread: What are these boolits

What are these boolits

I bought a box of old reloading stuff from a friend and it it was a Lyman 310 reloading tool complete in 38 special, Ideal tool for 32 s&w, a couple of single cavity molds and assortment of cast boolits. Also some vintage CCI primers that retailed for 85 cents per 100. There are some 38 caliber wad cutters with a plastic cup on them and I was wondering if anybody has any info on them. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0268.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	263964

Boolit Grand Master
    They look like somebody’s home built half jacketed bullets, swaged, perhaps. I’ve never seen any kind of listing for commercially produced half jackets, but back in the mid 1900s there were a lot of schemes like this that came and went with little fanfare.

Sounds like you got an interesting grab bag (box?) of stuff there. Any interesting moulds?

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

There were three molds. One Ideal round ball mold with 538 on each mold blocks and stamped 395. One is a 311 rifle mold and the other is 38 caliber 158 grain mold. They were all single cavitys. Each were labeled Ideal/Lyman molds. They are really old but are in very good shape. They have light surface rust but nothing major.

Three molds and all say Ideal/Lyman. They are a single cavitys. One is a round ball,one is 311 gc, and 158 grain 38 special. All are in excellent shape even though some light surface rust is present on the outside of the blocks. I also go a 310 Lyman loader for 38 special and I think it is complete, and a Ideal tool for 32 s/w. I also got some cci primers with a price of 85 cents on the boxes. Also there were a bunch of round balls and 38 boolits and some 311 gas check boolits.

Boolit Master
    is the cup soft and will rub off as black on your fingers? they had a {wad} /disc that i have some that looks like you put on and loaded. i never knew what they were for till this post
    Preesman may know for sure