Titan Reloading

Thread: For thought and Meditation...

USMC 77, USRA 79

For thought and Meditation...

Happy Fathers day!!!!

The Ministry of the Inner Life
    By Oswald Chambers

You are…a royal priesthood… —1 Peter 2:9

By what right have we become “a royal priesthood”? It is by the right of the atonement by the Cross of Christ that this has been accomplished. Are we prepared to purposely disregard ourselves and to launch out into the priestly work of prayer? The continual inner-searching we do in an effort to see if we are what we ought to be generates a self-centered, sickly type of Christianity, not the vigorous and simple life of a child of God. Until we get into this right and proper relationship with God, it is simply a case of our “hanging on by the skin of our teeth,” although we say, “What a wonderful victory I have!” Yet there is nothing at all in that which indicates the miracle of redemption.

Launch out in reckless, unrestrained belief that the redemption is complete. Then don’t worry anymore about yourself, but begin to do as Jesus Christ has said, in essence, “Pray for the friend who comes to you at midnight, pray for the saints of God, and pray for all men.” Pray with the realization that you are perfect only in Christ Jesus, not on the basis of this argument: “Oh, Lord, I have done my best; please hear me now.”

How long is it going to take God to free us from the unhealthy habit of thinking only about ourselves? We must get to the point of being sick to death of ourselves, until there is no longer any surprise at anything God might tell us about ourselves. We cannot reach and understand the depths of our own meagerness. There is only one place where we are right with God, and that is in Christ Jesus. Once we are there, we have to pour out our lives for all we are worth in this ministry of the inner life.

have a great Sunday Fathers day!!!
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Great message. Thanks Marko and have a blessed Father's day.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I'm in agreement with Pine Baron ...good message !
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Grand Master

Amen! Not there yet.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Amen!

Moderator Emeritus

Wow! What strong meat this message is! The hardest thing in the world for us humans to do, seems to be controlling our own wants and desires. We are so easily tempted, and so weak in response, so often! We don't even LIKE spending time reading the Bible. It' hard to feel confident that we truly understand what's written, and when we do understand, it makes us feel bad about ourselves. So we often deprive ourselves of the very cure for what ails us .... which is US! It's our desires and longing for things we know are not good for us, but we can't seem to stop wanting them. But if we're to become what Christ intended for us to be, we have to put aside our dreams and desires, and follow His path. Then, we can achieve and attain true satisfaction, and total lack of fear, even if death be our lot. To gain one, we have to give up the other. And make a choice, which is what life is all about anyway. Truly, God knew full well what He was doing when He made this world, and made it like it is. It's US who fail Him. He never fails us. Not ever.