RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY solution for ultrasonic brass cleaning?

Boolit Buddy
    I have the large HF ultrasonic cleaner and use simply green and lemi shine, turn the heater on and run 3 cycles each cycle is 480 seconds works great, primer pockets come clean.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Perry View Post
    So along the same lines as my original question, what about a solution for gun cleaning? I did my 617 with a solution of Dawn and distilled water. With the side plate off and all parts removed except the trigger it did a pretty good job removing all the muck. Did a decent job on the cylinder too. Anyone have a homemade gun stew recipe they'd like to share?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Was this on older gun? I've never felt a need for anything more than a toothbrush and Hoppe's #9 myself. I have cleaned small carburetors and carburetor parts in my ultrasonic cleaner, and it works phenomenal for that purpose.

Boolit Man
    Nope, newer gun and not THAT dirty. I'm just playing with my US and wanted to see how it did on a pistol. My Glock will be going for a swim next.

Boolit Buddy
    I've used the Lyman solution they sell specifically for US gun cleaning. Works very well and since it's a concentrate one bottle can go a long way. I've not tried any homebrew solutions

Boolit Master
    ok, got the ultra sonic tank, found a bottle of lemishine, got a big jug of dawn and 5 gallons of distilled water. how much dawn and lemishine per gallon of water?

Boolit Buddy
    I usually just do a couple drops of dawn and 1 tablespoon of Lemishine in mine, and I have a 2 Liter tank. You can play around with proportions a little, but I think a similar ratio scaled up for a gallon instead of 2L would work just fine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12