RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Cabelas in Charleston WV

Boolit Master

Cabelas in Charleston WV

I thought I would buy a pound of powder today to experiment with for a new caliber I started loading for.(.458 socom.). I thought I would buy a pound of imr4198 or reloader 7. I walked to where the reloading stuff was and was meet with empty shelves. They had12 one pound jugs of powder. It was accurate 2 and accurate 7 and a pound of pyrodex with a few others that I have never used. Bullet selection was depleted also. No rifle or pistol primers. A gentleman was looking for some 209 primers for his muzzleloader. They had some but they were $9.99 for a hundred. YIKES.
    The Gun Library was closed due to a lack of used firearms. All guns they had was out on the floor.A clerk was putting out some used pistols in the showcase. Nearly all were low quality with one Raven .25 auto. Most of them were Rossi and such.
    I reackon the bright side is that people are buying guns and reloading.

Boolit Mold
    That is more powder than was in Columbus last time I was there
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large in large numbers!!!

"Hope" is not a viable plan and voting for undefined "change" is nothing short of certifiable insanity.

Boolit Master
    Cabela's and Bass Pro are too expensive for my blood. There are a couple of shops that have a limited reloading supplies near me,a 1 hour ride to ME/NH gets me all the supplies I need with prices much cheaper than Cabela's/Bass Pro.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavage View Post
    Cabela's and Bass Pro are too expensive for my blood. There are a couple of shops that have a limited reloading supplies near me,a 1 hour ride to ME/NH gets me all the supplies I need with prices much cheaper than Cabela's/Bass Pro.
    Kittery Trading Post for the win!

I ran for the border when I lived in Mass also.

I just bought a shotgun from my local dealer. It will be in jail for 10 days while they complete the background check. Good old liberal CA. for you. While there my gun dealer, who is well known for getting guns that other dealers have a hard time finding, had his in stock guns down also. He told me that there is a mad rush on gun buying with pistols and revolvers being the main guns sold.
    There is such a mad rush of gun buying, that CA. has been running up to 18 days to complete the background check due to extreme volume of buyers. They did speed up the background check when they were warned by a NRA attorney that they either follow the law on a max of 10 days or face a lawsuit. The one thing my dealer told me is that a majority of the gun buyers were people buying their first gun for self defense reasons. It seems a lot of non gun people are now becoming gun owning people due to self defense reasons during the riots we have been seeing with a lack of law enforcement due to liberal politicians being in control.
    He also related that he can not keep factory ammo on the shelves and he has a severe problem getting factory ammo from his suppler. Good old Democrats are the best gun salesmen in our history.

Boolit Buddy
    I was at the Cabelas in Charleston Last week and it was the same.... empty