Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataSnyders Jerky
WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Midway USA customer service SUCKS

Boolit Master

All my Midway orders have arrived within 3 days.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master
    I have an order for both shooting and fishing gear waiting for Midway to start taking phone orders again. The only reason am not ordering from Midsouth is that Midway has some fishing lures I can't find at any local retailers including BPS. I won't wait much longer so Midsouth will get my order for gas checks etc.

Boolit Master
    Now you have to live chat with a customer service rep. Don't pause for longer than 30 seconds when it's your turn to respond or you get bumped. Shorter response gets you pigeon holed.

They sent me a metal bottle of Montana Xtreme Copper Killer in a metal bottle with a plastic cap. It was sent loose in a bubble lined envelope with some 410 wads and a bottle of bore solvent. I got a notice from the PO that I needed to stop by to talk to them. They said my package smelled like an explosive substance which is against their rules. Half the flap was unstuck and wet. I opened it and the Copper Killer bottle top was bent at 45 degrees and the cap split with a bunch of the contents gone. I explained to the PO that it was high concentration ammonia. I failed to mention the oil since the ammonia is so overpowering. I did the live internet chat and got bumped twice trying to explain my predicament. Almost happened a 3rd time when I explained old age and 2 finger typing. They sent me a second bottle that was dented just as bad rolling around in a bubble lined envelope but the cap was intact this time. I'm glad I kept some of the old glass bottle they originally came in.

They have gotten so big that they could care less about pride in their job and are only concerned about moving product like most big box stores nowadays. Just like shopping at Walmart, Best Buy, Dick's or Lowe's. Seems to be the business model wherever you go.
    Last edited by jsizemore; 06-19-2020 at 04:43 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

I never had a problem with Midway. I've ordered form them for years. There was a time where all their prices were over the top, but they seem to have come to reality in the past couple years. Shipping is fine, never fast, but never a problem. It's usually 4-5 days for me. I've had to return some things, it was easy and painless. I even had a problem with a product, and was reimbursed the price.

Boolit Master
    I've had not one problem after many years. I should play MORE lottery I guess.
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

Boolit Grand Master

Normally before Covid 19 I ordered at least once a month from Midway and Brownells until the shutdown. Been doing this since the mid 80's. Had two issues with Brownells and one with Midway in all those years. In all three cases the customer service bent over backwards to make it right. Since the Covid 19 I haven't ordered from either but the other places I have ordered from are not up to their normal standards.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Bub
    I feel lucky I ordered a die and it got here in 5 days

Boolit Master

Been reading Midway rants since the 90's, nothing new except maybe the Hawaii and UPS Innovations angle... Agree there, any firm that ships UPSI is basically flipping off the customer.

But I also just got a closeout DiSanti holster from them last month during C19, no problems and arrived in reasonable time.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Boolit Buddy

Been dealing with Midway for years, never a problem. I never take the free shipping unless it is something I am not in a hurry for, or if it is sent UPS Sure Post I pay the upcharge to UPS and upgrade to UPS Ground. You have a choice at checkout with Midway to select shipping service.

Boolit Master
    They stopped shipping a lot of items based on their policy, not actual state law, so I don't do much business with them. However to their credit, they have most things no one else stocks.
    Last edited by Martin Luber; 06-30-2020 at 08:37 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

Maybe it's the OP living in Hawaii during the time of COVD-19 which has adversely affected about everything, especially shipping.

I have ordered a couple things from Midway during this COVD-19 time....shipping time has been slower than "normal" but the items arrived. It has become the "new normal" here for items ordered from anyone to many times arrive several days later than what the "tracking" says. Midway has nothing to do with the time it takes to ship.

Over the years i have ordered many items from Midway and always have gotten them.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master
    My order during the lockdown took 9 or 10 days to ship. They warned me of delays processing due to the lockdown. It arrived in great shape packed in a cardboard box loaded with enough bubble wrap and balloons to keep my grandkids entertained for half a day.

Boolit Grand Master

On another note along with this. I ordered a tool grinder from grizzly industrial. It shipped no problem ( a $99.00 freight fee was added do to size and weight) When it got to the areas UPS distribution center it went on 1 day delay for 8 days sitting there. It was scanned every day by the tracking page. When I called I was told that it was waiting for room on a truck when it wouldnt restrict smaller packages. ( this is with a fee paid for the weight and size) Now its lost and cant be found.

I waited for several months for this item to become available. Now its lost and may be several moths before its available again.

One thing I have noticed with the covoid pandemic is it gives these services a ready made excuse for the poor service. Im not impressed with UPS here lately, the local driver is great delivering and aiding me but the other up to that point is going downhill fast.

It may not be the vendor but the shipper causing the issues.

I've always gotten great service from Midway, but I must add I've never had many issues. My last order, last month, was super fast! I always price check & MidwayUSA is not always the cheapest, but I consider their customer satisfaction policy note worthy. During this pandemic (or whatever it is) service everywhere on-line sucks.
    Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

Isn't it wonderful we have all these companies to complain about?
    If they all closed up and went out of business I guess we wouldn't have anything to complain about.

Boolit Buddy
    Mail order is a game of chance. Most of the time it is in your favor but when it involves multiple entities, it is like jumping out a plane. Your chances of survival go down with each jump!
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Boolit Grand Master

The issue is not necessarily the length of time it takes to receive this order. The main issue is that neither carrier will accept a claim or track the order without Midway's intervention and they have NOT responded to my repeated attempts to contact them.
    Joe
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    I've had good service from Midway. I sent back two items two weeks ago and had my credit card refunded shortly there after. I ordered again a week later and had the item in my hands 4 days later. I do agree their shipping can be high.

Boolit Master

I placed an order with Natchez last Saturday. Fifteen minutes later I placed an order with Midway. The Natchez order arrived Thursday morning. An hour or so after the Midway order I got an email that it had shipped. Which meant Midway had printed a label and it would ship maybe Monday. Tuesday I was finally able to track the order. It was one of those ship UPS and hand off to USPS deals. Was supposed to arrive Saturday by 9PM. Didn't happen and when I tried to track the order it won't download on the UPS site. Just sits there and spins. Late in the week I tried to track it and all I could find out was that I had reached the carrier facility in Missouri and would arrive Saturday. Maybe it will arrive Monday. Maybe not.

First time I've ordered from Midway since January because of stuff like this. I'd understand if the shipping was free and the company was taking the most economical route but I paid similar shipping on both orders.
    Chuck

Boolit Master

This thread reminded me to check my dad's buddy's site for bullets and cases. Ordered another 200 9mm Winchester cases for $34 and 50 Hornady 150 grain .308 FMJ BTs for $14.50. Shipping was high at $13, but since I paid roughly half of retail locally, I considered it a good deal.

Several times I have gone to the Midway site and had items in my cart and found their shipping prices ridiculous and ended up going somewhere else.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast