Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Midway USA customer service SUCKS

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Got a tip that Midway got in some bullets, so I went there and found a box of Hornady XTPs in .401 180gr, my favorite bullet for .40 S&W and 10mm. Box of 100 was $25.99. I paid $23.99 for a box at my local gun shop last week. Added it to my cart and went to check out and they wanted $11 to ship it. Nope! I still have a few months worth. They can keep their overpriced components.
    Wait for them to go on sale, add $30 extra bucks of stuff to the cart (or more bullets) to get the $49 free shipping, and bingo, you have $20 a box bullets with free shipping.

Boolit Master
    Anyone else get an apology from Midway? I just got an email from president Matt Fleming claiming an increase in volume and that they are hiring as fast as they can.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    Anyone else get an apology from Midway? I just got an email from president Matt Fleming claiming an increase in volume and that they are hiring as fast as they can.
    Yes, I'm sure it's a mass email to all registered customers.

Boolit Master

Yes i got the email too.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Moderator Emeritus

Yup. Same here.

At least they're not "Dicks".

Boolit Buddy
    Guess someone from Midway stumbled on this thread

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Between the virus and landslide of business we should all be happy that Midway can almost service the increased demand and even with the reduction in quality of service remains a dependable, if slower, vender.

Boolit Buddy
    An order placed with Midway on Monday shipped same day via UPS Surepost. It arrived today. Sorry to hear of delays to others but I'm quite happy with this week's combined performance from Midway USA, UPS, and USPS.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    Wait for them to go on sale, add $30 extra bucks of stuff to the cart (or more bullets) to get the $49 free shipping, and bingo, you have $20 a box bullets with free shipping.
    Got another alert from Midway for the free shipping deal and went to their site and tried to find $50 worth of stuff they had that I needed. Completely out of the Hornady XTP bullets now. I added some Starline brass for .450 Bushmaster for $33, then a Glock 33-round mag for $32. Cart said it was $9 for shipping. What? The Glock magazine wasn't eligible for the free shipping deal. Removed it and added some AR mags. Nope. Not eligible. wasted an hour looking for various items I wanted at a decent price and adding and removing them to my cart to discover that none were eligible for the free shipping. Forget it.

Midway plays games I don't have time for. $11 to ship a single box of bullets, but $9 to ship a bag of brass and a large magazine? The shipping rates seem completely arbitrary. I ended up going to CDNN and ordering a bunch of GI AR mags for the standard $9 shipping.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

I got the same thing yesterday. I placed another order and had my order email in minutes then the email saying they were getting my order together in less than 30 minutes I received an e-mail saying my order has shipped. Guess we'll see.I'm happy with the service I've had from MidwayUSA.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master
    Everybody has been swamped with orders and stuff is out of stock be a little patient. Midway has always done right by me .

Boolit Master

Went back to Midway searching for primers since I heard they had some in stock. They didn't. They sold out in 30 minutes!!

Anyway, saw they still had the 33-round Glock magazine in stock so I figured I'd better get one and ordered it. $5.75 shipping, which was OK, but the estimated delivery time is three weeks!

I ordered a gun part from Israel and it will be here in two weeks. Must be an internal issue with Midway.

Attachment 265597
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Mold
    I've had great success with Midway and with Brownell's ....... I continue to order what I need and use the "free shipping" option when it becomes available.

Boolit Master

sooner or later the free shipping will only be delivered once a week instead of the whenever its on the truck. already fed ex wont deliver to the countryside on weekends even when you pay for overnight delivery.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Anyway, saw they still had the 33-round Glock magazine in stock so I figured I'd better get one and ordered it. $5.75 shipping, which was OK, but the estimated delivery time is three weeks!
    Attachment 265597
    Might be In Stock at the manufacturers. Lots of stuff is drop shipped and you may be subjected to the manufacturers delays. See what the return address says.

I placed an order Friday morning and Midway had it shipped in less than 1 1/2 hours. Shipped only means ready for pickup but it went out the same day. Seems to me like they are hustling!
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Moderator Emeritus

I had two orders last month and both arrived in less than a week. For rural Montana that is great.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

Bought stuff from Midway and Brownells both for close to 40 years and never had an issue with them — I do miss “Free Shipping” from back in the day though…

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Totally agree. The sentiment in this thread is rampant on all the gun forums.
    What you think about you do ... what you do, you become.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tazman1602 View Post
    Bought stuff from Midway and Brownells both for close to 40 years and never had an issue with them — I do miss “Free Shipping” from back in the day though…

Art
    More often than not they still have free shipping. Usually it's over a certain amount. It's $49 for Midway. I seem to recall $99 for Brownells. I still buy from Midway, I just placed an order yesterday. Like always, you have to watch for their sales, never buy from Midway at normal prices. When on sale, their stuff is usually as cheap as anywhere you find. I just bought a few different kinds of Sierra and Hornady bullets, a case trimmer, and some Hoppe's. Cheapest prices I could find for each, free shipping, and it's already half way here after only a day.

About the only bad thing you can say about them, besides that their standard pricing is a little high, is that not everything always qualifies towards their free shipping minimum. I've never had an issue with it. I had to return a bad trail camera last summer. Same as always, simple and easy customer service.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast