WidenersSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Midway USA customer service SUCKS

Boolit Grand Master

Midway USA customer service SUCKS

I ordered a recoil spring for an AR-15 on the 5th of this month from Midway. They shipped the item using UPS Innovations (which is a joke in itself). The tracking number indicated it should be delivered on 6/13/202 by 2100 hrs. On the 15th UPS updated their tracking system and stated it was delivered to USPS in Honolulu on the 13th? USPS in Honolulu states they have not received the item as of today the 18th. Both state that I would have to contact the shipper?

NOW, Midway has their Customer Service lines on an automated message telling me how busy they are and that they will NOT be answering their phones. I've e-mailed them three times and have received a message that they would contact me in 24 hours. Didn't happen.

I would hazard a guess and say that they (midway) have laid off their CS staff to save money or reassigned them to other tasks.

Now I know that when I place an order the money is pulled from my account within ten minutes of the order. After which it seems you are on your own.

Needless to say they will not be getting any of my money until they get their act together. I would rather support a company that provides real customer service at a slightly higher fee than Midway.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Grand Master
    Long ago I used to buy lots from midway.
    Customer service was great.
    Prices were great.
    Shipping cost was low.
    It was my first place to go for anything.
    Then things started changing.
    Shipping went up. ups only.
    They would charge a $10 service fee to ship to hawaii.
    Prices went up.
    When the USPS flat rate came out (yes, I was ordering before that), they wouldn't use it.
    I stopped buying from them.
    I think they got greedy.
    Forgot about the shooter who supported them.

Boolit Master
    During this SARS outbreak NOTHING is business as usual! I rairly get ANYTHING from ANYBODY on time anymore. Lots of places people are still working from home as well.
    Far as Midway goes, I haven't ordered from them lately, but have never had a bad experience with them.

Boolit Master
    I stopped using MidwayUSA over a year ago. I believe they changed hands. I stopped all emails from them, but still get printed flyers. Those go right to the trash.

Boolit Man

I recently ordered 2 padded slings, 2 basic slings and 2 sets of sling mounting hardware. They sent 2 packages, one of each item in each package. One of those padded envelopes would have held all of the stuff I ordered. Stupid.
    And Mail Innovations stinks.
    Not buying anything from them again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by marlin39a View Post
    I stopped using MidwayUSA over a year ago. I believe they changed hands. I stopped all emails from them, but still get printed flyers. Those go right to the trash.
    Pretty certain if Midway was sold or a new CEO was elected there would have been a huge news flash across the industry.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Long ago I used to buy lots from midway.
    Customer service was great.
    Prices were great.
    Shipping cost was low.
    It was my first place to go for anything.
    Then things started changing.
    Shipping went up. ups only.
    They would charge a $10 service fee to ship to hawaii.
    Prices went up.
    When the USPS flat rate came out (yes, I was ordering before that), they wouldn't use it.
    I stopped buying from them.
    I think they got greedy.
    Forgot about the shooter who supported them.

Same boat here. I used to buy all kinds of stuff from them as well. They had my FFL (03) on file with them and they were always good about having deals and the lowest shipping out there. I heard it told the Larry Potterfield turned the company over to his kids.....The shipping became outrageous, prices went up, customer service went to pot and they stopped honoring my FFL.

Recently I ordered a set of Trijicon night sights for work. They got mangled during the install and they don't look like really good quality. I have called multiple times to ask about a replacement (still want the sights) and the phone is a recording. Not cool.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Buddy
    Midway is just down the road from where I live but I haven't bought from them in years. When they first opened (backin the '80's I believe) shipping was free (or included in price) and they offered dealer prices to dealers. That all went away and their prices and service went up and down respectively. They still send out a 10% coupon once a year around my birthday but I just don't like them nor do I miss an opportunity to slam them. I've always been an admirer of Brownell's and you will be too once you've dealt with them...

Banned
    I've never had a problem with Midway and just received a shipment from them yesterday.

When sending an email to a company, I have found it is most efficient to give them the information up front; don't send an open ended e-mail that says something like: call me or contact me. Give them the information about the problem, use their own internal identifiers when possible (their invoice number, their order number, their customer number, etc.), don't rely on them being able to match up your name or phone number to their record system.

Boolit Buddy
    I agree Brownells does have great customer service but they also use UPS mail innovations, or the FedEx version of same. Both are rarely without problems. Given the option I usually choose USPS rather than a slow boat from China.
    "Oh bother" said Pooh as the tripwire clicked.

“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

Got a jury summons? Know your rights! http://fija.org/

Boolit Master
    brownells and numrichs is the same ....barrel from brownells is in stock ,yet takes 10 days to ship.

a very small pair of grips in numrichs stock = 8 weeks to ship.

they don't seem to be laying anyone off in the accounts receivables department.

Banned

I quit using them about 2004 after a really idiotic customer service event from them, but they had been going down hill fast long before.

I remember when I was first getting into handloading on my own (pre-internet days) and used to get the little sales flyers in the mail with the "truck load sales". I'd scour those for stuff I needed and then call in an order, everything about that company was great then.

Now they just suck, plain and simple. Got to big for their own good, I believe. Graf's, Natchez, etc., too many better places to get stuff from now.

Boolit Master
    I have no problems with Midway. I placed an order on June 14th, and it was in my hands yesterday, the 18th.

Boolit Buddy
    Midway use to have a $30 minimum order for shipping. And yes the kids run the show. Shipping ANYTHING these days is a crap shoot. Definitely nice if you have a brick and mortar to shop at but sometimes you just don't get that instant gratification!
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Boolit Buddy
    Midway is usually my last resort; their mail innovations means that to east coast packages take at least 10 days, so why bother if from other vendors I can get it in 2-4 days and no it have nothing to do with kung-flu their shipping sucked long before that.

I check prices and then order from MidSouth or Midway. Have had good service from both. Shipping can be a problem these days but too many people are chronic with impatience. If you need it tomorrow, order it last week. Gp

Boolit Master

Just got two orders from Midway no shipping charge on one. like others have stated I use who has the best price. Been using Midway for over 35 years most of the time good service.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JRLesan View Post
    Midway is just down the road from where I live but I haven't bought from them in years. When they first opened (backin the '80's I believe) shipping was free (or included in price) and they offered dealer prices to dealers. That all went away and their prices and service went up and down respectively. They still send out a 10% coupon once a year around my birthday but I just don't like them nor do I miss an opportunity to slam them. I've always been an admirer of Brownell's and you will be too once you've dealt with them...
    Been dealing with Brownells since 94-95. They have ALWAYS done me right.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Over the years, I have ordered from Midway - never had any issues so never had to contact their CS department so can't speak to that.

With all that has been going on with the virus - I'm guessing that YOU have been in self-quarantine unless you work an "essential" job. The employees of any company are no different than you. While everybody has been cooped up the mail orders have shot up drastically. Those who work for shipping - UPS, FedEx, USPS all have been working hard just to keep up. My wife and I have placed orders with Amazon and even with their Prime Shipping which used to pretty much insure 1 or 2 day delivery has extended out noticeably but it is what it is.

As far as "shipping rates" go - hmmmm - everybody wow like "free shipping". You ordered a spring - but it still takes a shipping packet, labor to pack it and money to ship it - yet folks seem to think that a company can just "absorb" all of those costs along with their increases in overhead. Life doesn't work that way.

I'm not defending MidwayUSA in any way nor any other suppliers - but they have to keep their businesses solvent or else there will be nobody left where such supplies can be purchased. If a company has closed their customer service department during all of this mess, then they probably have a good reason - their employees are no different than any of us - they have families as well - no different than you or I. Is it an inconvenience for you . . . . sure it is but so is not being able to get your driver's license renewed, new plates, etc. because your State's DMV is closed.

On the other hand . . . . we have a postal service that is run by the government that has never been solvent and never will be as long as the government is involved. Postal prices keep going up everything you turn around. So for those that campaign about not getting "free shipping" - a company can do it but believe me, the price of the item will go up as will their profit margin on it in order to cover those costs. So when you go to the post office to mail a letter, a package or whatever - maybe you're mailing your income tax in or paying a bill - when they tell you what the postage will be, do you turn around and walk out and refuse to pay it? You pay it because you need to get it to the recipient and socket up. It's a two way street.

At least Midway has kept their doors open during all of this - so maybe it would be better if all the suppliers just closed until it is over and then folks would be crying because they couldn't get anything - and let's not forget those who are panic buying which causes folks to be even more ticked off when more and more items are marked "out of stock".

There is a lot of garbage going on right now and folks are getting mighty fed up with all of it - and all of those things don't help when it comes to "minor things" such as someone not getting back with a person right away . . . . the world isn't going to end because someone doesn't't get their delivery of priers or powder or gun parts right away. I called a company as I was interested in buying a used gun they had listed on their site - pretty much the same thing - please leave a message and we will get back with you. It was almost ten days before I got a call - but I understood the the people there have the same issues as anybody else. I asked my questions about the rifle I was interested in and ready to purchase on-line. I no sooner hung up with the gentleman and went to place my orders on-line and all of a sudden the rifle popped up as "no longer in stock". Yeh, I was disappointed as i really waned it but that's how life goes sometimes - it's not the end father world.

A little "patience" can be a big help during these times . . . . .

Boolit Master
    Complain about the cost of shipping if you want to, but how much does it cost to get in your car, drive 100 miles to a BassPro or Cabela's only to find out they do not have you want, and then drive all the way home, empty handed?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast