Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWideners
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: Looking for Molds for a 25-35

Looking for Molds for a 25-35

I'm quite surprised I can't find a plainbased mold. I've looked at all the usual suspects and did some internet searches and can only come up with a gas check mold. With the faster twist rate I thought around 100gr would work well. I'm looking to hopefully buy an 1894 Winchester in this caliber so really would like to find a mold. I can't even find flat nose condom projectiles. Any ideas?
    If liberals knew what they were missing, they’d give up drugs, sex and rock-n-roll for shooting and hunting. But then the rest of us would never draw an elk tag, so to hell with 'em! — James "Mitch" Vilos aka (Pancho Vilos)

Accurate Moulds will make you what you want. I saw this one on his website, without knowing barrel dimensions sizes can be adjusted as desired.
    http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_...=28-090K-D.png

Banned
    if you want to play with some swaging stuff...I made a swaging die set up to make these bullets. I will have to check the exact diameter. Do you know the diameter that is should be?

Boolit Master

I don't think Accurate will do a diameter smaller than .28 - I do wish they would
    Being human is not for sissies.

I don't know anything about the rifle I have my eye on as I haven't bought it yet. I just want to know all I can about it before committing to buy it. I can get dies and brass no problem but any bullet seems to be a unicorn. I went to Accurate Moulds site first off as I have many of his moulds and they cast beautifully from the start. I forgot that he doesn't go smaller than 28 caliber. I guess I can load 2 at a time only but I would prefer to have a flat point because I have many other lever guns and I don't want to "forget" and load more than two. That wouldn't be a good day.
    If liberals knew what they were missing, they’d give up drugs, sex and rock-n-roll for shooting and hunting. But then the rest of us would never draw an elk tag, so to hell with 'em! — James "Mitch" Vilos aka (Pancho Vilos)

Boolit Master
    When I had a 25/35 I had trouble getting accurate cast loads, I wrote it off to the fast twist.

Many 25-35 molds are round nosed. I expressed concern myself and was told that in the tube the noses gets pushed to the side rather than on centerline to be on the primers.
    Mine is a '94 that some goofy guy put a recoil pad on, perhaps for someone sensitive to recoil? Could be. Any how, that's the way I got it so oh well.

I always wondered why there are so many round nosed projectiles that said they were offered to be used in leverguns. Is that really true that they cant to one side?

Boolit Buddy

If Accurate Moulds will not make you a 25 caliber mold for your 25-35, check NOE molds. They are also excellent. I have molds from both these companies.
    Jim
    Last edited by ohiochuck; 08-20-2020 at 08:55 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I used this mould in my .25-35 with good results.

https://noebulletmolds.com/site/prod...260-118-rn-aj2

Boolit Master
    or you could go with the noe 260-115 and ream out the gas check. ive got an old ideal 257464 , not exactly the "perfect" 25-35 bullet, but wouldn't want to shoot the 25-35 without a gas check. I can't imagine trying to scrub leading out of long small bore barrel.