Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
RepackboxLee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Marriage Advice for Us Young Bucks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hanleyfan View Post
    you get on your knees to ask her to marry you and than she slaps a nose ring in you nose like bull cow and than controls you the rest of your life, i have been married 41 years and if I had to do it all over again I would not get married period. they say its a 50/50 but from my experience its more like 100/0 , with the wife getting the 100% if she gets her way everything is fine if she don't there is hell to be paid.
    You know, if you really are as miserable as you say, and you're still there after 41 years, it doesn't say much about your intelligence. Life is too short to stay at something you hate.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Remember:

It takes 6 men to carry a guy to his grave...............and only 1 woman to put him there!

and.................

Husbands usually die before their wives............... because they generally want to!

Been 46 years for us.

I help around the house:

I pick my feet up when she is vacuuming.
    I eat the food off the plate so she can wash it easier
    Marriage is give and take..............she gives and I take.
    Never let the sun go down on an argument.........keep running WEST.....fast!

Good luck on your venture of a lifetime.

banger

Boolit Master
    There have been several posts on this thread where I want to respond "sucks to be you", but I believe it best to let each figure out who needs it.

Boolit Grand Master

Wife and I have been married 47 years .
    She's still my best friend and she says I still make her laugh .
    Be faithful , honest , loyal and loving . Never do or say anything to hurt her .

A good wife is a Blessing from Heaven ... a Bad wife is a Curse from Hell (from what I see and hear).

Have two TV sets and two remotes ... TV's aren't that expensive ... cheaper than Divorce .

If asked ... does this make my butt look big ....it's OK to lie and say NO .

Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Solomon said its better to live in a corner on the roof than in a house with a mad woman
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    ...If asked ... does this make my butt look big ....it's OK to lie and say NO .

Gary
    On that subject, best remember than by the time y'all rack up some of those higher 2-digit numbers, odds are real good your butt isn't gonna be as small as it was, either. Or much of anything else above your waistline. I can still look down and see my feet without craning my neck, but it's getting harder to tie my shoes every day. Take a little care for your appearance, because she don't want to be seen with no slob. If you don't shave, keep the beard & mustache combed and trimmed. If you do, do a good job of it so she knows you don't want her seen going out with a slob. And you might want to pet her butt every now and again, and let her know you still like it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Husbands_Faults.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	264049

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	International_Symbol (3).jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	264050
    We go through life trying to make the best decisions we can based on the best infomation we can find, that turns out to be wrong.

Boolit Grand Master

If you are young and thinking about getting married ... take her home and let her meet your Mom and Dad . After they get to know her... ask mom what she thinks of her ...then take Mom's advice .
    Dad usually likes all the girls you bring home ... he's not much help .
    If both Mom and Dad say ... not this one son ... drop her like a bad habit and keep looking .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Buddy
    The women now a days want to see you portfolio and what is your net worth before the want to know your name. I'm not say'in they are all bad but the good ones are all taken. Beware young men ,hold on to your wallet because "your wallet is your best friend"

Boolit Grand Master

If either of you are more interested in the financial aspects of the relationship than you are in each other you have a business, not a marriage.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

"...when you're wrong admit it; when you're right shut up." ...Ogden Nash

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hanleyfan View Post
    you get on your knees to ask her to marry you and than she slaps a nose ring in you nose like bull cow and than controls you the rest of your life, i have been married 41 years and if I had to do it all over again I would not get married period. they say its a 50/50 but from my experience its more like 100/0 , with the wife getting the 100% if she gets her way everything is fine if she don't there is hell to be paid.
    Wow, I was kidding with my post. I can't imagine being married to someone that long that I disliked and had no respect for. Been with mine 13yrs I think with no problems. I feel bad for you staying angry and bitter like that for so long
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Buddy
    Christ is necessary for a lasting marriage?

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty Boolit View Post
    Christ is necessary for a lasting marriage?
    Necessary, no. There are enough long non- Christian marriages to prove that point. Helpful, absolutely. I would compare it to taking a gravel road instead of the black top. Both can get you there but the black top is smoother and easier. That isn’t to say that there won’t be bumps and pot holes along the way, there is just liable to be fewer of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Happiness is a warm .45

Boolit Master
    There are PLENTY of failed Christian marriages! Being a Christian does not make a marriage easier! Every marriage is a puzzle unto itself.

Boolit Master
    36 yrs. Show your wife you care by taking care with little things. Most women seem to like conversation so don't neglect that. Support her hobbies, show interest and give encouragement. If she wants to see a play go with her. Flowers for no reason at all. Be patient at the in laws. Help with household chores. Ask her often if there is anything you can do for her.
    Picking a farm girl helps.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Banned
    Your marital relationship is completely dependent upon your closeness to God.

Quote Originally Posted by Traffer View Post
    Your marital relationship is completely dependent upon your closeness to God.
    Plenty of good people out there in abusive, hateful marriages who are "close to god."

When my late wife and I booted religion out of our lives and out of our marriage, our relationship improved so dramatically it is indescribable.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wag View Post
    Plenty of good people out there in abusive, hateful marriages who are "close to god."

When my late wife and I booted religion out of our lives and out of our marriage, our relationship improved so dramatically it is indescribable.

--Wag--
    WOW that is quite a statement. What does being close to God mean to you? Apparently it is a hateful state of being.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Charlie View Post
    36 yrs. Show your wife you care by taking care with little things. Most women seem to like conversation so don't neglect that. Support her hobbies, show interest and give encouragement. If she wants to see a play go with her. Flowers for no reason at all. Be patient at the in laws. Help with household chores. Ask her often if there is anything you can do for her.
    Picking a farm girl helps.
    I love it!

--Wag--
    No offense intended, but you must have had some pretty terrible "religion".

I've often heard over the years from "churchy" folks how you must be "close to God" to have a good marriage. While I see a grain of truth there, it's demonstrably untrue. For example, I have a coworker who is literally a "God-hater". He claims to be agnostic/atheist, but on the rare occasion he says anything about it, I realize that nobody could possible have that much hate for someone they don't believe in (he lost children). He and his wife appear to have a very strong marriage, very close and caring, do anything for each other.

The grain of truth I mentioned is this: I believe the key to success is following what I consider "Christian principles" on the subject, primarily faithfulness, selflessness, kindness, unconditional love. Call them "universal principles" if the word "Christian" offends you, or whatever, but they are principles promoted in the Bible. There are many, many Christian couples who don't live this way, who fail in their relationships, and their are plenty of non-Christian couple who do live this way and succeed.

I've seen far too many "super-Christian" couples crash and burn, and nice, church-going families implode, to buy into the idea that merely putting a label on yourself and sitting in a pew every week will save your marriage. You've got to live it.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast