Load DataWidenersInline FabricationRepackbox
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: Trying to source a Novak cut ramp front sight

Boolit Master

Trying to source a Novak cut ramp front sight

Title is the short of it. The long of it is that a couple of years back I bought a GP-100 .22 to replace my blasted MKIII, which is a 10 shot .22lr that is built on the GP-100 .357 frame with a half-lug barrel, I found a TALO distributor special that was in 4.2" rather than 5.5" barrel. They are pretty much setup like a bog-standard GP-100 except for the fact that they come with a Novak cut front sight rather than the usual detent replaceable front sight. It has a soulless green fiber optic sight on it now and I really would prefer a ramped front sight. The gun is getting a set of Altamont wood target stocks to replace the equally soulless rubber grips with wood panels, as soon as i get my act together and jump on a pair when they're in stock. I've watched them for 6months to come in stock, they finally did, i said "Ah, I'll buy them this week" and of course they went out of stock again in a matter of days and haven't came back again. So, I am basically trying to make my Ruger look a little more vintage Smith-like.
    I haven't been able to come up with a source for a Novak cut ramped front sight, does anyone know of one?
    Option 2 is to buy a Kensight Novak front sight blank for $20 and trim it up to look like I want.

Any better ideas from the brightest minds the internet gun community has to offer?
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

Boolit Grand Master
    Option 3: A piece of steel and a file.

Not real sure of the profile of your sight, but I have filed a few front sights out over the years usually when I had more time than money.

Robert