RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Wideners

Thread: CVA Elite Stalker Trigger ????

Boolit Mold

CVA Elite Stalker Trigger ????

I have a CVA Elite Stalker in 45-70 I picked up a few years ago.

Believe it or not, the rifle shoots lights out for what it is. My main complaint is the trigger. Put simply; its horrible.

I called CVA about sending it in, they said the rifle is long discontinued and don't do any work on them. They do not even have any replacement parts.

Does anyone have any fixes for the trigger? Either tuning or some sort of parts swap.

Boolit Master

I bet you could find a youtube video on dressing up the sear/mating surfaces. I used to do triggers as taught by a gunsmith. Degrease the internals, add a drop of Pearl Drops Tooth Polish, or some other mild abrasive paste, such as Crest. Dry Fire 20 times and clean, re oil then check your progress, repeat as necessary until the mating surfaces wear in.

It is not as drastic as taking a honing stone and pretty hard to screw up. I did a brand new Springfield 1911 where I used the polish on the frame rails for about 20 shots and then the sear for about 50. I took the gun to the local smith after my range day and he said 'perfect.'

PS, you might be able to find replacement parts from Jack First or Brownells. Jack first has machinists and talent. I needed a trigger spring for a 1901 break action revolver that was a S&W knock off. The name of the pistol escapes me but he left S&W to start his company. The part was $13
    Last edited by fcvan; 06-18-2020 at 12:32 AM.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by fcvan View Post
    I bet you could find a youtube video on dressing up the sear/mating surfaces. I used to do triggers as taught by a gunsmith. Degrease the internals, add a drop of Pearl Drops Tooth Polish, or some other mild abrasive paste, such as Crest. Dry Fire 20 times and clean, re oil then check your progress, repeat as necessary until the mating surfaces wear in.

It is not as drastic as taking a honing stone and pretty hard to screw up. I did a brand new Springfield 1911 where I used the polish on the frame rails for about 20 shots and then the sear for about 50. I took the gun to the local smith after my range day and he said 'perfect.'

PS, you might be able to find replacement parts from Jack First or Brownells. Jack first has machinists and talent. I needed a trigger spring for a 1901 break action revolver that was a S&W knock off. The name of the pistol escapes me but he left S&W to start his company. The part was $13
    Much thanks on the advice. I pulled the trigger apart and put flitz on the contact surfaces; a bunch of dry fires, cleaned off the trigger. It was like night and day.