RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Here comes the snow

Here comes the snow

Well looks like they have issued a winter storm warning just south of here for tomorrow night up to 15 inches of snow in higher elevations. Guess id better go put some antifreeze in the car and drain the water hose
    Last edited by Ozark mike; 06-16-2020 at 01:51 AM.
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Master

Sounds cold. I think I would rather have that than the string of 100+ degree days that we are about to have in Central California.

Custom Cast Boolits Google Search

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Master
    I'll take snow as well!

Boolit Buddy
    I'll take snow over heat and humidity any day!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ozark mike View Post
    Well looks like they have issued a winter storm warning just south of here for tomorrow night up to 15 inches of snow in higher elevations. Guess id better go put some antifreeze in the car and drain the water hose
    Don't you use anti freeze/coolant year round?

Boolit Master

Same here id rather snow than hot weather.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Grand Master

Not me I have never had to shovel heat!

Moderator Emeritus

Love the heat hate the snow. We have rain for next bunch of days. Rain and damp hurts my back/neck big time. Stay warm.

Oklahoma can have some crazy weather. About the only thing one can bet on with any certainty, is from this here on out we're going to be hot and humid until mid September. In my little corner of Oklahoma, we begin to feel the heat and the misery starts at 85 degrees. Along about September (if we're lucky) it drops back below 85 degrees and we sure welcome it. Most folks seem to be geared one way or another. I'm one of the winter fans myself.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

USMC 77, USRA 79

Quote Originally Posted by JoeG52 View Post
    I'll take snow over heat and humidity any day!
    you guys say that now... but come winter you will be wishing for spring again...lol
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master
    Got about 2" snow in SW Wyoming last night.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Oklahoma can have some crazy weather. About the only thing one can bet on with any certainty, is from this here on out we're going to be hot and humid until mid September. In my little corner of Oklahoma, we begin to feel the heat and the misery starts at 85 degrees. Along about September (if we're lucky) it drops back below 85 degrees and we sure welcome it. Most folks seem to be geared one way or another. I'm one of the winter fans myself.

Murphy
    I'm fond of moderate and dry heat. Don't get much of that here in Central Oklahoma, either, but when we do it's really nice. Grew up in SoCal, where we wore our heavy coats and parka and such when it got down to 64 degrees. Moved to Western Colorado at age 15, and our first winter there, it got down to 20 below zero, and stayed there for a while. By the time it got up to 43 degrees, we were working in t-shirts. Nice and comfy. Only time after that I've been truly uncomfortable in the heat was August of 90 to March of 91, when I was in Riyadh, KSA, for Desert Shield/Desert Storm. That was a little much there, especially in the August to December time frame. Cold, OTH, bothers me a lot. I started showing signs of arthritis at age 17. I'm a firm believer that ice belongs in drinks, and snow on mountain tops and postcards.

Bill

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Markopolo View Post
    you guys say that now... but come winter you will be wishing for spring again...lol
    I firmly believe that the reason the weather here in Oklahoma is so crazy is God's reaction to all the folks praying for heat in the winter, and cold in the summer. "Will you MAKE UP YOUR MINDS!"

Boolit Grand Master
    easier to track in snow
    hate heat and summer if we could skip that part of year would be fine with me
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Grand Master

One thing about snow in mid June here is it won't last very long! With out the moisture it provides we will burn up in August and September, let it snow.
    Charter Member #148

We had 1 inch back during the first week of this month. Woke up in the morning, and everything was white, but melted of by 9 a.m. It was odd, because we'd already had three days in the low 80s. The little snow was followed by a couple of weeks of chilly and mostly overcast weather with some rain every now and then. But, I see that it's supposed to hit 80 again this coming Sat. Winter is a little reluctant to let go this year. I don't mind as it keeps the forest fire danger down. Meanwhile, all the Aspen trees have leafed out, green grass in abundance, as are the deer that migrate in each year. Just observed a 4 point (that's 8 for you Easterners) out at the salt lick, antlers still in the velvet. Life is good.....

I prefer the snow to heat also.

The way I see it...you can always add an extra layer when it gets cold outside....but in the heat...you can only strip down so far before people point and laugh.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by redhawk0 View Post
    I prefer the snow to heat also.

The way I see it...you can always add an extra layer when it gets cold outside....but in the heat...you can only strip down so far before people point and laugh.

redhawk
    Speak for yourself! If I strip down that far, I sunburn so bad it's pitiful! I wear long-sleeve shirts and long pants all year round. Cotton ain't perfect for wicking moisture away from your body, but it works fairly well if you wear light colors and thin fabrics. And a hat that covers the ears so they don't burn anyway. Speaks from many years experience here!

I'm in the high country Colorado 6300 Ft elevation and it's seventy with clear skies. Please be careful what you say, I've seen it snow in the summer....

Boolit Master
    I would love it if it were 75-80 everyday. I had that during my three years in San Diego in the early 195o's while serving in the Navy. San Diego, Ca has the best climate in the world, problem is, the world knows it. Don't try to buy a house there.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast