Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: Lee Comes Through Again

Boolit Grand Master

Lee Comes Through Again

Today I was loading some 357 Mag on my old Challenger and the linkage piece where the handle goes through broke. A big chunk out of the metal. I was able to flip the whole thing over and it works but I emailed Lee for replacement.

I explained what happened and asked if they still had replacement parts. Return email took 1/2hr or so and the guy wanted a picture to confirm the exact piece. I sent him one and not long after he replied that they stopped making that model in 2006 so no replacement parts left .

But he said you could retrofit the new handle style onto it and gave me the parts list. Several parts. He told me to use the links and put then into my basket. They would be free of charge if I picked up the shipping 😁. You bet!

Lee comes through with the great customer service we expect from them. A 20yr old or more press and fixed free. Can't beat that
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    I've had one I bought used a few years ago that I've just stored, worn linkige or something kept me from using it. Good to know they will help out.
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Today I was loading some 357 Mag on my old Challenger and the linkage piece where the handle goes through broke. A big chunk out of the metal. I was able to flip the whole thing over and it works but I emailed Lee for replacement.

I explained what happened and asked if they still had replacement parts. Return email took 1/2hr or so and the guy wanted a picture to confirm the exact piece. I sent him one and not long after he replied that they stopped making that model in 2006 so no replacement parts left .

But he said you could retrofit the new handle style onto it and gave me the parts list. Several parts. He told me to use the links and put then into my basket. They would be free of charge if I picked up the shipping ��. You bet!

Lee comes through with the great customer service we expect from them. A 20yr old or more press and fixed free. Can't beat that
    My brother had the same kind of deal. He was using his epoxied together for several years until it finally let go completely. After doing a little research found that as Lee told you, they have a retrofit kit. I think I paid about $24 delivered (didn't go through Lee) and fixed it for him for his birthday. The new ones are MUCH nicer and stronger. You will be happy with it. I have dealt with Lee directly and they have always given me stuff free. Even on a press I bought second hand. Good folks over there.
    Heck half of us wouldn't be reloading if we didn't have the cheap Lee stuff to use.
    Lee's prices keep the other guys prices down to earth (in my not so humble opinion)