RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picking up 9mm brass

Boolit Master

Picking up 9mm brass

Was at a gravel pit today agate hunting and shooting some steel and I found about 400 shiny once fired 9mm. Thinking I'll never be short on it. There was perhaps that many .223 but I don't reload that. When you shoot cast, 9mm once fired is worth picking up.

Boolit Master

I would pick it put I would stop to pick up a penny too
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Buddy

If there are fifty or more 9mm, I'll pick them up, unless they are S & B.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I pick up a lot of brass I don't have guns for. Odds are I have a friend that reloads for what I don't. I have traded it for either brass I need or a couple packs of primers. Sometimes I just give it to someone who can use it.

Boolit Master

At the very worst , they get $1 a pound at the scrap yard. I pick up every one I see even the stepped on ones.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

I can't walk by brass on the ground, I have to pick it up. I've got so much 9 mm, 45 auto, and 223 it will last me for years.

I have all the brass I will ever need for myself and now that I am working at an outdoor range there are a few calibers that I will pick up just for a couple of friends I know. With the lever action pistol caliber rifles I am now seeing more revolver brass on the ground. Many of these shooters shoot and do not pick up so once fired brass is everywhere.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by frkelly74 View Post
    At the very worst , they get $1 a pound at the scrap yard. I pick up every one I see even the stepped on ones.
    Me too! I save it, sell it or give it away. The junk goes to the scrap yard.

Boolit Grand Master
    Have to be able to pick up a lot with each bend down to get it.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Buddy
    I'm a brass hound myself. If I go to a public range I'll spend more time picking up brass than shooting! Hard to believe the amount of shooters that just throw brass away! Goes against my hillbilly upbringing!

Boolit Buddy
    I always pick up brass. If I can't use it sooner or later i'll find someone who does. I have met several people who have become shooting friends by making them a present of brass I don't need and they can use.

Boolit Master

I picked up several hundred stopping buy the local range today. I liken it to picking berry's. I can afford to buy them too but I still like to pick them.

Boolit Master
    I have enough 9s to last the rest of my life but other calibers i will pick up. Good for trade or gifts.
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Boolit Master

i pick up all brass i find, bent or not.
    Bent goes to scrap yard.
    i have 5 gallon buckets of brass.

I don’t pick it up any more as I have 4 old cookie tins 1500 each and 3 big coffee tins 1300 each full of cleaned resized and deprimed once fired 9mm brass and about 1000 In circulation. My dad and another old shooter picked them up and did that. As there both telling lies on heavens range I ended up with the brass

Boolit Master

I bought a caldwell brass retriever. Saves on the back. Sometimes you still need to pick up by hand.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Years ago I had bought some pretty cheap rounds and thought that I would just shoot them and leave the brass. When I finished shooting I looked at the brass on the ground and couldn't leave it. I think I have a 'brass' problem.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Just goes to prove ... reloaders are in the minority.
    Regards
    John

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    It's hard when you are a confirmed "brass scrounger" not to pick up spent rounds. I'll bend over and pick up one casing and slide it in my pocket even if I don't load or shoot the caliber - I just toss 'em in a box and eventually sort by caliber and if I know someone who does load it, give it to them.

However, as I have gotten older and it's harder to do the bending over, I find myself torn by whether to pick up or not. With 9mm spent brass beings so prolific, I have such a quantity of it that I will never use it all up. I will admit that if I find my spent rounds, I do make an attempt to collect it but I just don't feel so guilty anymore if I lose a few and can't find 'em - my loss will be someone else's gain.

Boolit Master

I'm a total brass *****. I see gold nuggets on the ground and I have to pick them up.

I've got 10 gallons of 9mm brass that's cleaned and ready to load. I've got a 5 gallon bucket of mixed range brass I need to separate. There are around ~8700 pieces of brass in a 5 gallon bucket. Between what I have loaded and what's in that bucket of range brass I must have close to 25K of 9mm brass. It's a very rare range day when I don't come home with a few hundred extra 9mm brass. Even better are those days I find 10mm or 45 ACP brass. The 10mm is pretty scarce.

There's something in my genetic makeup that doesn't allow me to walk away from brass laying on the ground.

I use a nut wizard to pick it up. I also carry a broomstick with a metal hook on the end to get the stuff that's not easy to get with the nut wizard.
    NRA Benefactor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast