Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationWideners
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: back straps on the grill last night

Banned

back straps on the grill last night

Don't have many back straps left. Have a nephew of my son in law doing some painting. He never ate venison and wanted back straps on the grill. Blew him away. He couldn't believe they were that good. Add some sliced spuds and onions wrapped in tin foil on the grill and he said it was some of the best steak he ever ate.

Banned

Man.......I may have to take some out of the freezer today and grill them!

Banned

way I do it is to season it (I use a bit of Montreal steak seasoning, garlic powder and salt) and let them sit overnight. Then throw the whole back strap on the grill. Grill it on high to sear it. Flip it over sear the others side well and then I butterfly the whole thing and put the raw side down and cook on a lower settting till its done to your taste. All the time im grilling I brush on butter. Searing it and brushing on the butter keeps it from drying out. I like mine with just a bit of pink. The wife likes hers medium. The young does between 80 and a 100 lbs work out best on the grill. Older does and bucks are better in a frying pan. Another one good on the grill is we do a lot of cube steaks every year. I get some home made large buns from the bakery and grill the cube steaks with the same seasoning and put them on toasted buns with fried onion, mushroom and pepper jack cheese.
    Last edited by Lloyd Smale; 06-14-2020 at 05:41 AM.

Lloyd, sounds delicious ! A good , venison backstrap cooked right beats the best beef anywhere. Priceless !