Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powder prices

Boolit Grand Master
    $25-30 here. A bit more at Scheel's

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jniedbalski View Post
    My local gun store has a lot of powder on sale. He has red dot bullseye unique green dot blue dot and a few more for 19:89 a lb. thought that was a decent deal on powder. What is your local price ?
    My LGS only has pyrodex. Local Cabela's had 4 type of powder I didn't recognize (nothing on your list) for $23-25/# and only one of each on display. I don't know if they had anymore in the back.

Boolit Buddy
    I got 2 pounds of the new Alliant Sport Pistol for only $19.99 a pound in Southern New Hampshire a few weeks ago, but at checkout they told me it was a pricing mistake. They said that was their cost, and the price was supposed to be $29.99, but they sold it to me for the lower price. Nice of them, I thought, but it does give you some idea of the huge markup most places have on reloading supplies. My favorite LGS sells a lot of new-old-stock, and I got several nice powders of very recent vintage from an estate for $12 a pound. Same place had new-old CCI primers for $10 per thousand last year, so those are the kind of bargains I look for!

Banned
    What they have now

pyrodex - 17
    777 - 29
    410 - 25
    blue/green/red/clay - dot - 25
    E3 - 25
    Alliant reloader 15 - 25 - 30
    BE - 25
    herco - 25
    7828 SSC - 27
    8206 XBR - 30
    IMR gree/target - 22
    4350 - 28
    titegroup - 20
    longshot - 27
    CFE Pistol - 27
    Varget - 28
    H4831SC - 28
    HS-6 - 27
    US 869 - 28
    HP-38 27
    4831 - 28
    CFE pistol 27
    lil gun - 24
    international clays - 22
    underperformance - 27
    700-x - 18

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Conditor22 View Post
    What they have now

pyrodex - 17
    777 - 29
    410 - 25
    blue/green/red/clay - dot - 25
    E3 - 25
    Alliant reloader 15 - 25 - 30
    BE - 25
    herco - 25
    7828 SSC - 27
    8206 XBR - 30
    IMR gree/target - 22
    4350 - 28
    titegroup - 20
    longshot - 27
    CFE Pistol - 27
    Varget - 28
    H4831SC - 28
    HS-6 - 27
    US 869 - 28
    HP-38 27
    4831 - 28
    CFE pistol 27
    lil gun - 24
    international clays - 22
    underperformance - 27
    700-x - 18
    Who and where are "they?" If they're nearby, I may have to visit them. I'm in a relatively small town, though it's a postage-stamp suburb of one of the largest cities in my state. My local Cabela's doesn't have much, and nothing I recognize. My LGS only has Pyrodex on display, and is the only actual gun shop in my town. There are several pawn shops that also sell guns, but they don't have much in the way of reloading supplies. None that I've seen, anyway. For that matter, the gun shop doesn't have a lot. Some used dies, a few boxes of bullets, maybe a couple of thousand primers. There is also a BassPro shop, but I've never been there. A little farther out, there are other gun shops, a few sporting goods stores, and enough walmarts to choke a liberal. I haven't been to most of them, either.

You guys are so lucky, powder here (if you can get some) are $AU60-$70 per lb with black powder running over $AU90. Transport is a problem as it has to be carried by specialty transport trucks. My LGS says that a 200mile trip costs $8-10 per can in transport so he does not order until he needs a lot of powder to spread the cost.

You have to show a valid firearms license and your details are recorded for every powder purchase.

It is stupid really, 1 can of powder needs 'dangerous goods' transport, but daily runs of 10,000gal petrol tankers do not!????
    Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bad *** Wallace View Post
    You guys are so lucky, powder here (if you can get some) are $AU60-$70 per lb with black powder running over $AU90. Transport is a problem as it has to be carried by specialty transport trucks. My LGS says that a 200mile trip costs $8-10 per can in transport so he does not order until he needs a lot of powder to spread the cost.

You have to show a valid firearms license and your details are recorded for every powder purchase.

It is stupid really, 1 can of powder needs 'dangerous goods' transport, but daily runs of 10,000gal petrol tankers do not!????
    Liberal politicians are the problem.
    NRA Benefactor.

Banned

Just made a powder purchase , 42 pounds for retail. None of it will sell for less than 31$ per pound up to 38-39$.

Primers LMAO yea all backorder I may see some this fall.

Jwords 224 are like unicorn's.

I'll set aside enough to lad all my empty brass and sell the rest.

Then when the backorders come in sell it and maybe let things ride.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12