Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: Doctor phone appointment

Boolit Grand Master

Doctor phone appointment

My Mom has been doing the phone doctor appointment.
    It's a pain because she cannot hear to well.
    I have to be on another line.
    I'm wondering, if it's over the phone, is the doctor charging the same as an in office visit?????
    I suspect they are saving a bunch doing a phone visit instead of in person visit.
    I also supest that since they are making more, this will become the normal way of doing things.
    For me it doesn't make all that much difference for now, but I don't like it for Mom.
    doctors, lawyers, car salesmen, politicians, only care about money.
    Just another way to make more while doing less.

Boolit Grand Master

I’m not a huge fan of telemedicine. Nothing replaces a physical exam.

As far as charges, I don’t think it’s the same since you cannot include a physical exam. Typical Telehealth reimbursement to the doc is $25-30 actual money and should last 15 mins or so from start of conversation to completion of chart.

So far I've had two phone and one video visit.

I didn't see any difference in charges. I saved some time and gas, but I think some visits benefit from face to face interaction.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Glad your mom has you to help her through it.

I had my knee done right before the lockdown. Because of the drop in “elective” surgery and patient visits, his practice consolidated his appointments to the office in Round Rock (too far north for this south Austin guy). I am glad he started telemedicine for follow up appointments.

For me, it made sense. Doctor can tell over the video call that I have good range of motion. Not much else they can check except to see how it feels.

Boolit Master

Doctors are like mechanics; way more worthless ones than decent ones out there.

I developed a pain in my left hip/buttock area that slowly got worse and worse. I went to my company health clinic during the whole virus thing. Doctor refused to touch me and said it was a bulging disc. What? I've never had a back issue and the pain was no where near my spine. Signed me up for physical therapy. Turns out the physical therapy was via video conference over my computer. How the heck is that supposed to work?? I went to a chiropractor who said to start taking Turmeric every day and make sure I don't sit in unsupported chairs. Completely healed after a couple of weeks. He said my "doctor" was a moron for diagnosing it as a bulging disc.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

I had my regular 6 month visit with my cardiologist in April. I had to take my blood pressure etc. before hand. He asked the same questions as usual. The bill was the same as usual also. The good part was that I didn't have to drive 32 miles to his office.
    Chuck

Boolit Grand Master
    My current doctor shoots High Power. I like to visit him in person. My pervious doctor (when I lived downstate) had some interesting toys...he was fun to visit with as well.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    I had the opportunity to make a doctor visit by phone and even considered it 2 months ago when the virus was ugly and everyone felt threatened. We postponed my visit until next week and I could make that one by phone but will go to the office visit. My health status requires that I give up blood samples and urine specimens and this can't be done over the phone. If I did not have to submit bodily fluids at my exams I would rather go the phone visit route but that is not an option I can take. My bad luck.

Moderator Emeritus

I was just told other day that telemedicine is not allowed and was only being offered in the Winchester, VA docs office because of pandemic. Was told law requires a dedicated site as folks homes are not secure as far as the transmitted information. I liked the two sessions I had as that is at least two+ hours saved. They finally are able to do electronic rx which saves me the 1 1/2 hour wait at the pharmacy.

Boolit Master

Since my open heart surgery (04/29/20), I've had only two face-to-face sessions with the cardiologist (+ 1 telephone session) after my release from hospital but did have in-home nurse visits for four weeks. Now that I've been cleared for cardio rehab, my p/t sessions are all online because ALL the med center's rehab facilities (cardio, orthopedic, neurology, etc.) are closed due to Covid 19. May begin reopening around first week of July.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Grand Master

I am seeing some people in my office, some on line, and some on the telephone. All insurances are paying for teletherapy and I prefer online as we can at least see each other. We can sit six feet apart in my office so even take off masks. Licensed Clinical Psychologist.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Doctors are like mechanics; way more worthless ones than decent ones out there.

I developed a pain in my left hip/buttock area that slowly got worse and worse. I went to my company health clinic during the whole virus thing. Doctor refused to touch me and said it was a bulging disc. What? I've never had a back issue and the pain was no where near my spine. Signed me up for physical therapy. Turns out the physical therapy was via video conference over my computer. How the heck is that supposed to work?? I went to a chiropractor who said to start taking Turmeric every day and make sure I don't sit in unsupported chairs. Completely healed after a couple of weeks. He said my "doctor" was a moron for diagnosing it as a bulging disc.
    I had that problem. It was from carrying a wallet in that pocket all the time. Now I use a money clip in the front pocket.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    I had that problem. It was from carrying a wallet in that pocket all the time. Now I use a money clip in the front pocket.
    Yep, that was one of the changes the chiropractor had me do.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Quote Originally Posted by Kraschenbirn View Post
    Since my open heart surgery (04/29/20), I've had only two face-to-face sessions with the cardiologist (+ 1 telephone session) after my release from hospital but did have in-home nurse visits for four weeks. Now that I've been cleared for cardio rehab, my p/t sessions are all online because ALL the med center's rehab facilities (cardio, orthopedic, neurology, etc.) are closed due to Covid 19. May begin reopening around first week of July.

Bill
    I really enjoyed the rehab. I was in pretty good health apart from the need for bypasses. I gained a good deal of strength and stamina. But mine was in person.

Once on my own, work took over a good bit and I didn't get as much exercise. Mostly retired now, so no excuse for me.

I wish you luck with rehab. If you were in my neck of the woods, I'd come walk with you. Be good for us both!

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

just today i was talking to a friend,
    He is a dermatologist, and one of the main private medicine companies in Argentina pays him 1/4 of what he paid before, the face-to-face consultation
    At least in Argentina, we are not the doctors who are making more money, quite the contrary

Boolit Master

I have a telemedicine appointment with my doctor on Monday. His office person called me yesterday to confirm and wanted me to pay my copay then. I didn't have my wallet on me at the time, so couldn't pay then. They seem more eager to get my money than to check on my medical condition. Monday will be my first phone medical appointment. Maybe I am old fashioned, but I am more comfortable with seeing a doctor face to face than I am with just talking to one on the phone. I remember when doctors still made house calls. Then they went away. I suppose office visits are headed the same way.

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Buddy

Maybe doing doctor consulting over the phone will eliminate visiting a physician assistant - the two times I had to see a PA, they were both beyond their expertise and still gave me a wrong RX.

Boolit Master
    I wouldn't be opposed to doing it with my Doctor, but my medical insurance company called and wanted to set up a video appointment with their "doctor" at "no charge" to me. I told them I didn't have the technology to do a video call. They made note of it on their records and I haven't had another call since.

I have seen doctors in the past that the visit was no better than a video call. They sat across the room, made no contact and sent me away after telling me to pay the people at the front desk.