Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hi-piont carbine

Boolit Master

The 9mm is a really hot "22" that you can reload when the 22 ammo goes bye bye after the next election. I have had some fun with ours and my son loves to bang away with it. We had to send it in for a rebuild under the old unlimited warranty and apparently this has just changed to only cover the original owner with proof of purchase. So if you get a new one , save the recipt so you can get it fixed 20 years from now when you wear it out.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Blow back actions @ 35,000 PSI. No thank you. 9mm & 40 S&W. https://www.thehighroad.org/index.ph...kaboom.773546/

The M16 223, has to lock the bolt before the firing pin fires it. Much safer.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Thin Man View Post
    About a year ago a customer brought us his second (or 5th) hand HP carbine that had been robbed of its sights and looked beat up. He wanted the sights replaced so I called the factory. When I inquired about buying the replacement sights for this rifle the customer service rep refused to sell them to me. She said they would send us the sights, freight paid, and hoped the owner enjoyed them. This repair was not covered by a warranty but the factory still treated it as if it was. Don't know if this is their usual response to parts replacement requests but the owner was very happy with their generosity.
    Yes it is. I got a second hand 9mm that had been bubba'd. Some removed the mag disconnect and monkeyed up the works so it would not retain a magazine. I looked up the exploded diagram online then called them with the parts I needed. Free of charge and I had them a few days later. That's why I'm a fan of that company. Inexpensive guns that work and everyone can afford to protect themselves. Perfect nightstand guns.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 243winxb View Post
    Blow back actions @ 35,000 PSI. No thank you. 9mm & 40 S&W. https://www.thehighroad.org/index.ph...kaboom.773546/

That's nice. The thousands of people using them without a problem means nothing? I suspect wrong or reloaded ammo

Thin man that is their normal response.

I bought a C9 9mm pistol from a pawn shop, had a mag release issue.
    So I figured out eventually who to call, and called. They wanted the serial #, and got it. I wanted an extra mag and a mag loader, was waiting to give my credit card info. She got my name and address and said we are good, parts will be there in 3 days with instructions.

She never would take my CC #.

Package arrived with parts, 2 good instruction sheets, one all pictures, the other a step by step how to.
    An extra mag, and a mag loader. No charge.

She made a customer for life, and she knew she was doing it.

I will continue to buy Hipoint Products as long as they have something that interests me.

At this point I'd really love to see a scaled down Carbine for .32sw long or .32acp and a scaled down pistol to go with it

Good products, great company, guns that just don't quit, and prices that can't be beat. That's a win every which way round in my book.

Boolit Buddy

My 9mm hi-point will digest any ammo. I shoot 124 grain cast, powder coated bullets. The carbine rings the 100 yard with regularity.

Boolit Master
    There customer service is the best there is. I also called and I told them I lost a spring. My fault. They would not except payment. Just sent it out in the mail free.

Banned

First I've heard of one of these ever having a problem out of reading literally hundreds of testimonials about how great they are. I think I'd call this a fluke and there sure isn't enough information there to judge it as a bad gun.

By the way, they've been making straight blow sub guns in 9mm and .45 ACP for decades, I don't see where the .40 S&W would be any different, you sound like you're just one of the Hi Point bashers who can't deal with the fact that an inexpensive gun is good, there seem to be quite a few out there.

I read that thread, something funky going on there. I'm sure we'll hear what it is in time.

And just FYI you can blow up an AR also, tends to throw more parts when it does.
    I've yet to have a problem with my Hipoint Carbines. Have put a lot of cast lead through them. Most with midrange loads of Red Dot.
    No problems at all.

Boolit Master

Good point /\ /\ /\. There is no such thing as indestructable. There will always be someone pushing the envelope too far or just plain making a mistake and getting spectacular results.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Buddy
    "Blow back actions @ 35,000 PSI. No thank you. 9mm & 40 S&W. https://www.thehighroad.org/index.ph...kaboom.773546/

The M16 223, has to lock the bolt before the firing pin fires it. Much safer."

But, but, but my AR-9 is blowback too!

Chris

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by frkelly74 View Post
    Good point /\ /\ /\. There is no such thing as indestructable. There will always be someone pushing the envelope too far or just plain making a mistake and getting spectacular results.
    Hi Point pushes the envelope on indestructible. My only problem is that they haven't figured out a 10mm carbine/handgun pair yet

Boolit Master

Im waiting for them to come out with a 10mm handgun too.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Grand Master

There are videos out there of people stuffing the barrel 100% full of mud and clay. This still doesn't blow them up. HiPoint likely makes the strongest, as in most blow up proof, 9mm and 45 acp semi auto there is. I've always liked them. Unfortunately with MN banning new sales, the used guns go for more than they were brand new.

Question

Is the Hi-Point 9mm carbine rated to take +P ammunition?

Thanks.

Dipperman
    "Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades." D. Paulson

Boolit Master

Yes , go to factory page and it says that , they are tough little guns

Boolit Grand Master

Have the 45 carbine and pistol, these things just eat the ammo, never a problem.
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Mold
    I bought a used like new ,for a good price and have been well pleased.

Boolit Master

Im going to get mine out for some range time. This post motivated me.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

I always wondered if you could make a wood stock for a high point carbine so that it would resemble those rifles from the early Planet of the Apes movies. That would be fun!
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast