MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackboxTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hi-piont carbine

Boolit Buddy

hi-piont carbine

I have been thinking about getting a hi-point carbine for quite some time, and finally decided to get one. Well I am not getting one now, can not seem to find one. WOW I would have not thought they would be such a limited supply. Lesson learned get them when you can

Boolit Master
    My local dealer has several of the Ruger PC carbines ordered. One of them has my name on it, but the dealer has NO idea of when they will arrive.

Banned

I have been on the fence about getting one for a while too and did notice when I was in a LGS that normally had several at any given time none in stock.

Trying to decide between .45 ACP and 10mm. I handload for both, the .45 would be much better in terms of brass availability but that 10mm is a beast and I think could really benefit from a rifle length barrel. Decisions, decisions...

I wouldn't be opposed to a 9mm either, but it's been years since I dusted off my 9mm dies.

Boolit Master

I have 4 H.P carbines. 9mm 40'sw 45acp and the 10mm. The 45 groups best out of the 4. The 9mm and 10mm do better reaching out to the 100 yard line though.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by redriverhunter View Post
    I have been thinking about getting a hi-point carbine for quite some time, and finally decided to get one. Well I am not getting one now, can not seem to find one. WOW I would have not thought they would be such a limited supply. Lesson learned get them when you can
    Uh yeah...The firearms and ammo market have seen crazy demand in the last couple months. Pandemics and civil unrest tend to do that.

Hi-points are ugly and have low mag capacity, but they work just fine. Buy one when you find it and enjoy the hell out of it.

I have a 9mm PC...It's a fantastic little carbine, the take-down feature is handy, and it'll run with cheap/common glock mags, including the big G18 mags. It costs 2x the hi-point, though.

Banned
    9MM hi-point carbine ugly but shoot good, durable --- truck gun

Banned

Ugly as sin! But, I've read good reviews! I wouldn't own one personally.

Boolit Buddy
    my local dealer here in Monroe county Pa says the libtards are buying up the guns as fast as they can get them, and I saw, the shelves are bare. now we have to wait and see if they will keep them or sell them cheap some day.
    Barry

Boolit Master

My 995 will digest any ammo I try to feed it, even jumbled up in the same mag. It really like Lee 358-105s which makes me real happy.

Boolit Buddy
    I have one of these in 45acp, I splurged and went with the sand colored stock. Still cheap enough that if I dropped it, I'd probably get over it in a minute.

Fantastic gun to shoot, eats anything. I feed it a dozen different loads that I make with lead projectiles, straight up or PC'd. It's no tack driver but a 6" pie plate at 50 yards better look out. The stock mags are small (9 rounds), but they work great. And Redball makes a weird 20 rounder that is both single and double stack that works great.

Probably the only negative I can make is the teardown. It's a bit of a process and takes a little patience.

Chris

I'm with Big Al, my .45acp is the best of the bunch. Perhaps a bit of a tossup with 10mm, but bigger is always better all else being even close to equal.

Boolit Master
    4 or 5 months ago the news made me nervous on a weekly basis, just at the time the ammo sellers were offering really good deals and free shipping. Also my daughter picked up a 9mm. I ended up with a couple of thousand rounds of 9mm FMJ. After giving half of it to her, I thought how nice it would be to have a carbine to shoot that ammo in. Yep, bought a Hipoint. Started shooting it the next day.
    Thought I could see the sights better if I smoked them with a candle. No no. Rear sight is plastic, melted it to a nubbin. I called them, confessed, the woman said “you just bought it? Well, that’s under warranty”. I ordered two extra magazines and the clip to fasten them to the stock, and she shipped me the rear sight assembly no charge.
    It is fun to bring it out as a treat after giving pistol instruction to people with their 9mms.u
    "You will wantonly strike a hornet's nest which extends from mountains to ocean, and legions, now quiet, will swarm out and sting us to death. It is unnecessary; it puts us in the wrong; it is fatal." Robert Toombs, Democrat of Georgia, warning of the results of the imminent attack of the Confederacy upon Fort Sumter in Charleston Harbor, 1861

Boolit Master

I have the carbines in 9mm and 40 s&w and in 45acp , I like the 40 and the 45 the most but there is nothing wrong with the 9mm , it will feed any ammo I put in the magazine and is pretty accurate , both of the 45 carbines came with nasty looking bores , they needed polished , the 40 and the 9 have all been good .
    I have gave a 9mm carbine to son and daughter and her husband , they all enjoy them .

Boolit Master
    I got the 40 S&w. It is a fun plinker .I wanted to use it for deer hunting but the sks has been used for 30 years. Wonder how much faster the 10 mm is for a180 gr Swc than the 40 S&w with the blow back action?

Boolit Buddy
    thanks for all the replies and I am grateful for the opinions between the 9mm and 45 I was on the fence a bit but it will be 45 all the way now. now just I just have to wait till supply catches up with demand.

Boolit Grand Master

Got one in each caliber for my wife and I as well as a couple of the handguns. Ugly, clunky but well made. Not cheap but inexpensive and they eat all types of ammo.

I didn't know there had been a run on firearms until guy I hadn't heard from in a few months called a few days ago wanting to know if I knew anywhere he could get a shotgun as all local lgs were sold out of what he wanted and so we're the online places.

I think the fiasco of the Dem Mayor's and Governors refusing to protect people from the looters and rioters has opened a lot of eyes that the myth the left has been pushing for decades that you don't need a gun because they will protect you is just that, a myth. You are responsible for yourself and your family when you get right down to it
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Don't forget to buy a 45acp handgun to go with it!. A red dot on that carbine is a great package. Love mine and get an extended mag for it while your at it. ��
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Sights are ok, but they were made for smaller lightweight red dot sights.

You can leave the existing sights on and it will still work.
    So if anything goes out on the dot take it off and still shoot.

The ONLY thing the Hipoint does not have that at times I wish it did was stripper clip compatability.

But both the 9 and the .45 have very good 20 round mags from Red Ball. Both work very well. Buy multiples!
    Keep them ON the gun. Do that and you have a self contained little can o Whoop @$$ if you need it.

Boolit Master
    About a year ago a customer brought us his second (or 5th) hand HP carbine that had been robbed of its sights and looked beat up. He wanted the sights replaced so I called the factory. When I inquired about buying the replacement sights for this rifle the customer service rep refused to sell them to me. She said they would send us the sights, freight paid, and hoped the owner enjoyed them. This repair was not covered by a warranty but the factory still treated it as if it was. Don't know if this is their usual response to parts replacement requests but the owner was very happy with their generosity.

Moderator Emeritus

I picked up the 10mm at the LGS. I had just gotten my SA XDm 10mm and saw it just being lonely so I brought it home. I like the tank.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast