Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: Saeco 315

Saeco 315

School me in this mold..want to use it for my 30 30s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I have the Saeco version and a slightly wider NOE version, both are copies of an earlier Eagan mold, both the Saeco and the Eagan have won a lot at CBA matches, like bore riders it is important for the forward portion to fit your barrel well. At least, one of mine has some taper to it.

Quote Originally Posted by MT Chambers View Post
    I have the Saeco version and a slightly wider NOE version, both are copies of an earlier Eagan mold, both the Saeco and the Eagan have won a lot at CBA matches, like bore riders it is important for the forward portion to fit your barrel well. At least, one of mine has some taper to it.
    Which Noe version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    The mold says 311-175 fp and I believe you can/could get pb and/or Gc, mine is an aluminum 5 banger all gc.

Boolit Buddy

The Saeco 315 is my boolit of choice in my Win. model 70 30-06. I can't help a lot with your 30-30, I single feed mine loaded against the lands, it is a very accurate bullet loaded this way.

Rocket, I have a 3 cavity Saeco #315 and found it to be the most accurate CB for my Marlin #336 (Microgroove) .30-30 Win. if I sized it to .310". I sold the rifle years ago, but got excellent results with WC 820/AA #9, IMR 4198, and AA 5744. Were I to reload for it now, I would unhesitatingly recommend Unique, somewhere between 9.0- and 11.0 grs.

Boolit Master
    I've had a #315 for at least thirty years and worked with such bullets extensively years ago. Very accurate in most any .30 caliber, but I prefer a heavier bullet and went with the #Lyman #314299 design almost exclusively for .30 caliber rifles. Haven't used the #315 in a long time, but can't seem to part with a good mould that makes accurate bullets.

Boolit Buddy
    I had the Redding mold. Got rid of it cause the taper is too much for 30-30 loading IMO. You have to seat it too deep for a Winchester lever. Just my experience.