Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 new wheel gun cannons

Banned

2 new wheel gun cannons

t got a call from the dealer. My new big bore revolvers are in. I picked up 2 of the naa teeny tiny 22lr revolers. One for me and one for the wife. I also bought two wallet holsters mostly so my wife can keep on in her purse in cognito and if she gets one so do it. My main reason for needing one is ive been walking 3 miles a day to loose some weight and get back in shape and a pair of sweats and a t shirt make it hard to carry a gun. When its chili out I can put on a sweatshirt and carry a 1911 in a shoulder rig but when its hot its hard to find something. Even my lcp wants to pull down my pants while I walk because I have NO but. this can be stuck in the pants pocket of a pair of sweats and will be better then a stick or the knife ive been carrying. It probably wont drop wolves and surely not bears but the noise alone might scare them off.

Hi Lloyd,

Years ago when I had a specialized need I bought one and carried it in a pocket. It has notches between the chambers to provide for carrying with all chambers loaded. One evening I took it out to put on my bedside table and found the hammer nose resting on a cartridge. If struck it would have fired. NAA asked me to send it back, and they cut off the hammer spur and checkered the stub. Seems they knew about the eventuality. That didn't satisfy me, so if I carry the gun in a pocket now I rest the hammer on an empty chamber.

Take care, Tom

Boolit Master
    I had one of those little guys they are neat little guns.
    I felt armed when I didn't need a gun , but a situation arose one time where I might need a gun and I felt very much unarmed . I now find a way to cary something more powerful that I can shoot reasonably well.
    To each his own.

Boolit Master
    I own a few Freedom Arms mini revolvers.
    One neat idea for CCW is a custom leather holster, where it can be worn around the neck,, as a "necklace." Not as bad as you might think.

Those " noseblowers" are neat little guns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

Good luck, and congrats Lloyd Smale, on your new acquisitions! A couple of decades back, a LGS was closing -- owner, retired and planned on moving to Florida -- and he had a NAA .22 short mini-revolver which had sat in his case for a few years... Making story short, it followed me home.
    Two things I immediately noticed, that while my fingers are not thaaat long, it would not be too much of a challenge to shoot my own fingertip with it. Second, to carry with all cylinders loaded might not be the smartest way to go, either. A single action -- kind of a challenge to quickly cock and aim, too.
    At range, I learned two more things: First, albeit I never professed to be any more than a terrible shot, I'd suggest mines' usable range at maybe three to five feet.
    And secondly, for a .22 Short, it is incredibly loud.
    I purchased a nifty belt buckle which nicely holds this mini-revolver, but have since -- for paradigms as yours -- "moved up" to a teeny Model 950BS Beretta Minx .22 Short pocket pistol. It fits quite nicely in a cell-'phone case to wear when fishing, and the like, with apparel du jour being a tee-shirt and pocket-less shorts. The case also affords (necessary in my state) my carrying pistol permit, the pistol registration card, and my drivers' license -- plus, for me, an extra loaded mag.
    Again, congrats and best wishes re your new "cannons" !
    geo

Boolit Master
    A .22 is better than a sharp stick any way you want to look at it, and a well placed .22 round can still be deadly.

Boolit Master

I have a Taurus spectrum .380 for a pocket gun. I run hard cast in it. It goes in and out of a green propane bottle. So plenty of penetration i figure for any bad persons clothes. It would put a hurt'n on any animal.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master
    Look into "Thunderwear Holster". That's what I use with shorts when walking.

Boolit Master
    A ankle holster might work if you are wearing long sweat pants.

I will second what Bullet Maker 57 had to say. I can't remember when I first noticed an add for Thunderwear Holster, but will say I laughed them off.

Then, a few years back we had a gang of home invaders move into our area. A rather ruthless bunch to say the least. I just so happened to see a Thunderwear holster on an auction site at a steal on a Buy Now. I bought it and the rest is history. I don't like the summer heat we have here and always drop down to the lightest clothing I can as soon as I'm home.

It's rare I whole heartedly recommend a holster for another persons needs. But the Thunderwear is exactly what you want, trust me.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master
    I carry one with rat shot to scare bicycle chasing dogs! I carry a Sig 365 for pissy dog owners!

Boolit Master
    Seems I must be the only one that didn’t have a good one. I had a 22 mag nana, on any cylinder load, at least 4 of the 5 bullets hit sideways at 3 yards! Never looked at another. You have me wondering, perhaps another try????
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    Lloyd, I applaud you for getting in the exercise.

Sorry I can't help. Even out here on hot days I wear long sleeve shirts, pants and large brim hat. Three types of skin cancer trumps wearing less.

I do still like a smaller and lighter pistol when out walking in the neighborhood.

Boolit Master
    I had one years ago, I carried in a sweaty hip pocket. The only problem was that the ammo would draw moisture and cause misfires in just a couple days. There were no problems with the gun itself. I thought later that maybe a 22 mag would have been better only because it would have been easier to seal. I bought a 950 Beretta in 25 auto and sealed the ammo. I think for your purpose the NAA is a viable choice but please be aware of 22 rimfire ammo in the presence of moisture.

They caught a prisoner in a state pen with one of those NA mini revolvers. Guess where he carried his.

Boolit Master

I bought a Cook's Boot holster a while back. It's lace up Cowhide and Kydex that laces over my Redwing lace up boots. It's not fast to draw but I can carry a S&W Shield all day in comfort. It's also great while driving.

Banned

I guess to be honest it was just an excuse to buy a couple guns. It made more sense for my wife then me. She isn't allowed guns at work and this hides real well in a purse. As to me ive been using an lcp in an ankle holster just fine. Ill probably fool around and switch off for a while but im sure in the long run the lcp will win out. These little buggers sure are cute and seem to be real well made though.

Boolit Buddy
    I've got a NAA black widow that I really like. It fits in the little pocket on jeans perfectly. shoots great, too.

it's not the quickest draw outta athletic shorts, tho

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    I guess to be honest it was just an excuse to buy a couple guns. It made more sense for my wife then me. She isn't allowed guns at work and this hides real well in a purse. As to me ive been using an lcp in an ankle holster just fine. Ill probably fool around and switch off for a while but im sure in the long run the lcp will win out. These little buggers sure are cute and seem to be real well made though.
    They have got to be the smallest repeater I can think of for deep concealment and they are neat little guns, I wish they would hurry up and sell the little break top 22 mag they have at the gun shop I go to it is extra cute I don't know how much longer I can resist it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast