Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2RepackboxLee Precision
WidenersPBcastcoMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading

Thread: RCBS dial o grain scales tune up

Boolit Grand Master

RCBS dial o grain scales tune up

I have a rcbs Dail o grain scales I want to tune up shortly. Would like to replace the 4 aggregate bearings with new ones. Son in law dropped it and 1 is missing. Is there any where I can get them or the material to make them. Wondering it tungsten carbide would work, be a pain to machine but I have it available.

Im also planning on making a balance type scales that uses check weights on one side and pan on the other. This is a project just for grins and giggles.

Finding the bearing material pr bearings is the big thing. Not nearly as much with the second as I can make the mounts or them to fit what I have. I believe the carbide will work fairly well and I have several 6" strips on the way

All opinions and ideas are welcomed and appreciated

Boolit Grand Master

This guy does turn ups and I believe he has parts. I only have a Facebook link. https://www.facebook.com/Single-Kern...6037570185688/

It does list a phone # (661) 364-1199

I did get one on ebay. The Dial-O-Grain are normally a couple of hundred dollars. The Dial-O-Gram is much cheaper. I paid $22.00 for a rough one just for the bearings.

Three of them currently listed for under $25 dollars. One is a buy it now for $22.49. Message the seller and see if he will remove the bearings and reduce the shipping.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 06-07-2020 at 09:46 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer