Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners

Thread: H 4350

Boolit Buddy

H 4350

I favor H4350 over IMR 4350 in short action cases,like 7mm08,and IMR over H in long action like 270. It seems to me that velocity is better ,and accuracy just as good with H in my 7mm08 than it is with IMR. I'm not talking about overly hot loads either. I have the Lyman 49 the edition,and they have H4350 in their burn rate chart,but of all the data I have looked at in the book they list no loads using H,but plenty using IMR. I use the Hodgdon online data a lot,and they do list it in many loads. Is H relatively new,and just not as much printed load info for it,or is there another reason for IMR to seem to be favored? I have been loading for about 7 years,and I bought some not too long after I started.

I had the same thing with 243 and 270. Did some tests with different powders in that speed group and luckily found IMR 4451 suited both well. Always keep the H/I 4350's available, but like streamlining the powder supply. Used the Hodgdon website, dropped it 2 grains and worked up to accuracy, usually the high node near max.

Boolit Buddy

I really like H4350 in 30-06, 54gr is has served me well for a long time sing jscketed bullets. I don't have any loads using either 4350 with cast boolits.

Boolit Grand Master

You might want to read; http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Manual-Error-B

Over the last 2+ years I've pressure tested several different lots of H4350 and there appears to be a pretty wide variation lot to lot. I've found using IMR4350 data with H4350 is best other than any published data.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

I've had good results from IMR 4350 for 45+ years so I've never even bought any other brand of 4350. Same with 4895 and 4831. Weird.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I have been using IMR 4350 for over 50 years and it is the best load I have found for the 30-06, except for the M1 Garand and with it I use IMR4895. I tried a pound of the H4350 many years ago and it did not give me as good of result as the IMR4350. I never use cast in the 30-06, so I can't speak for those. my experience anyway, james