MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationLee Precision
Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i'm here!....just barely.

Boolit Master

i'm here!....just barely.

i seldom type much as i do it with a thumb and finger (hench the lack thereof caps.)...takes too long....but i do read more here than i probably should. now ...on to the news.

i was sitting watching a t.v. movie yesterday and wasn't doing anything hard...it was 71 inside...my uncle had just left from spending most of the morning with me.

got dizzy , neck pain, chest pressure, short of breath....and all alone with no phone.

drove myself to my uncles 2 miles away , went in and almost collapsed on the floor.
    i said i thought i was having a heart attack. he rushed me in ...and i was in for 6.5 hours hooked up to monitors , beepers and boopers.

doc said i had a little one.

no fun.

too much to do at 66 to checkout.

now i gots to go get a heart cath monday. wish me some luck!

Boolit Master
    You got it- best wishes! Glad to hear you're still kicking!! Best of luck with the cath--- will be thinking of you.
    Trust but verify the honeyguide

Wow! Lucky this time. Sorry to hear about your incident. Best wishes, and take care.

DG

Glad you're OK and they didn't have to jump start ya like the Frankenstein monster.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Wishing you the best of luck with the cath. I had one done 2 yrs ago and it wasn't too big a deal. They went in from my wrist.

Banned
    you may just need a stint --- hopefully

Boolit Master

Just shy of six weeks ago, I was cleaning up my workshop on a Sunday afternoon when I became almost falling-down weak and a little disorientated but no chest pain, no dizziness, no blurred vision. Went into the house and checked my blood pressure...I was on BP meds for hypertension. Big shock...BP was almost non-existent; like 84 over 40-something with a 125+ heart rate!! Called advisory nurse at my HMO and her exact words were: "If I were you, I'd be on my way to the ER." An later, I was in Cardiac Intensive Care, hooked up to a full monitor system, 3 or 4 IVs stuck into me, and scheduled for a catheter job first thing following (Monday) morning.

Surgical team decided caths/stents weren't going to get the job done and by the time I was out of post-op, I was scheduled for open-heart surgery 6AM Tuesday...which turned into a triple bypass. Afterward, the surgeon said that a couple more hours and I probably wouldn't have made it to the ER.

So far, everything seems to be going pretty good; been back home almost five weeks and Cardiology is supposed to release me to Cardiac Care next week. Started an online physical therapy program this morning; hospital therapy dept. is shut down due to the Conavid so I'm doing mine at home.

Won't be doing any shooting for, probably 6-8 weeks...not allowed to lift anything over 10 lbs. until chest x-ray shows that sternum separation is healed. Talked to Dr. about it and, in addition to the lifting restriction, I won't be allowed to drive for another 30 days and anything with a "substantial" recoil is off the menu for, at least another month after that. Looks like I'm gonna have a lot time for cleaning/organizing of the workshop/reloading bench while I'm healing up.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Grand Master

Glad you are ok. Prayers offered for your appointment next week.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you - you'll get through through the heat cath just fine and they[ll know will get you squared away. You were lucky . . . . you have a second chance and make the changes you need to make to keep healthy . . . diet changes, exercise, etc. I speak from experience . . . . I had a heart attack at the ripe old age of 43 . . two weeks later had a triple by-pass and that was 25 + years ago. I had a heart cath last summer and all of my grafts are still clean and clear but it takes changing your lifestyle where you can . . . eating healthy . . . exercise . . . etc. Good luck to you and let us know how you are doing . . . . glad you were able to get to the ER where you needed to be.

Mozeppa, glad you were able to get help in time. Getting older ain't easy, that just never warned us it would be like this. I've had a few stents and see my cardiologist next week. I'm just thankful for modern medicine and the fact technology has came so far regarding heart heath treatment. I watched my father go through triple by-pass surgery twice long ago. Having your chest cracked open is a rough go.

By the way, I have noticed your location is Muskogee. That wouldn't happen to be in Oklahoma would it?

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Banned

No phone? Perhaps you should get a phone!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smithnframe View Post
    No phone? Perhaps you should get a phone!
    heh ....wife had it with her....guess we need 2.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mozeppa View Post
    heh ....wife had it with her....guess we need 2.
    Bingo!

Boolit Master

Get one of those throwaway phones with a few minutes on it - your very own "burner" phone !

Boolit Master
    update :

i go in this friday for angiogram ....if i need stents they'll keep me ....if i need open hear surgery they'll definitely keep me.

kinda scared.

Boolit Master

I had the open heart done 3 way on 2/23 this year. The angiogram is nothing don't worry about it. I was scared on the open heart but they did a great job at the Hospital and the after ICU units were fantastic folk super care by pros who care.

Relax and don't have failure over the worry. I wish you the best in it and you will start feeling younger in months.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    Glad you're OK and they didn't have to jump start ya like the Frankenstein monster.
    Mines built in, pacemaker/defibrillator.
    Get a kick start every now and again.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master

Prayers be with you! Went for my annual physical last Nov. Doc. said at 76 yrs. old I was in shape of 45 yr. old. Two months later had a very bad cough, went to Drs. and was told I have COPD. Now I am out of breath when I walk from my house to my shop 150 feet.
    Larry

Vendor Sponsor

mozeppa be extra watchful for a few days after the cath. It's weird, the heart knows something is up, it knows there was something invasive going on, the enzymes usually will be elevated for a few days, the least little sign of something weird, call the doc. Eyesight getting weird, pixelated, can't read the computer screen, CALL them, even thought your instincts will say to remain calm, it will pass in a little bit, call them anyway.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    heart is clear......all went well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast